How does Benson perform against strong wrestlers?

His scrambling is where its at. His TDD is nothing to be proud of, but its still better than lets say Carlos Condit? He got thrown to the ground by Edgar and taken down and got his back taken by a 1 handed Thompson. Thompson was able to control him for quite a bit, but Frankie wasn't able to.

Benson will do fine against wrestlers because he is a great wrestler himself. Not easy to takedown but not that hard either. Very hard to control. you're going to need to be a good positional grappler like Pettis and JT and take his back during the scamble. I think he'd have more problems with a high level grappler who could take him down than someone who can wrestle.

Khabib never really tries to take the back and opts to keep a body lock to slam his opponent back down again or hit them with punches while they're getting up. That's why I think he would make an exciting fight with Henderson. Some great potential scrambles there.

dont know why people say this. Condit just hangs on in guard and waits for a stand up.

Let me guess. You're one of those who thought Rory won the first two rounds against Condit? lol

He is either 16 of his last 18 or 17/19... I don't feel like counting.

I'd say he is doing pretty well against ANYONE except Pettis.

(and arguably Edgar who should have won the 2nd fight)

Khabilov IS a strong wrestler and he scrambled and escaped and beat him sooo... He does ok.

when was his last sub from guard?

He doesn't really have a great sub game off of his back but he still has a great guard.

He has great sweeps and is one of the best in the sport at landing strikes from his back. He hits guys with elbows to the point where they stop trying to pass guard (or do anything at all) and even let him up.

He doesn't really have a great sub game off of his back but he still has a great guard.

He has great sweeps and is one of the best in the sport at landing strikes from his back. He hits guys with elbows to the point where they stop trying to pass guard (or do anything at all) and even let him up.

when has anyone ever let him up? that would be retarded.

I'd take Bendo in the matchup. Although he is prone to the occasional brainfart, bendo's fight IQ is very high, he stays well conditioned, knows how to pace himself, and is very experienced.

dont know why people say this. Condit just hangs on in guard and waits for a stand up.
I am legitimately appalled to bear the knowledge that this is actually not a joke.

Slamming your way out of a triangle is clearly such a technical escape and really says nothing of the urgency Woodley may have felt in trying to get out.

By this breathtakingly cogent logic, Gray Maynard clearly has no power due to the lack of KOs on his record, despite the fact that he dropped the iron-chinned Edgar (who has never been KOed or submitted) three times in one round.

He almost finished Woodley in the first round and you literally know nothing about grappling.

ah yes, the elusive almost sub. all the best bjj guys are looking for it. remind me how that turned out for him?

ah yes, the elusive almost sub. all the best bjj guys are looking for it. remind me how that turned out for him?
That's beside the point. The point is that your argument is shit because it's based on Fight Finder and Wikipedia as opposed to the actual technical maneuvers that Condit regularly performs in fights.

That's beside the point. The point is that your argument is shit because it's based on Fight Finder and Wikipedia as opposed to the actual technical maneuvers that Condit regularly performs in fights.

its not beside the point, it is the point. Condits technical maneuvers dont do anything, he just stays in guard. no subs, rarely sweeps.

Back