How does Benson perform against strong wrestlers?

vyronturner

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If he were to fight Khabib how would the fight play out?

I dont remember much of his older fights but last night his scrambling and strikes on his back were amazing. He has one of the most active guards ive ever seen. Is he usually like this?

I think Khabib is the better wrestler, but Henderson showed he is really good at getting back to his feet.. He's clearly been working on it, and will continue to especially if he's fighting Khabib.

Henderson's striking also impressed me, he wasn't afraid to trade, and dropped Khabilov.

Benson has fought just about every great wrestler 155 has to offer. Some of the best defended takedowns and scrambling I've seen. Only guy better I can think of is Aldo.

khabliov outwrestled and outgrappled him last night, so khabib would dominate him even more.

Bendo has fought the best wrestlers in the division AND HAS BEATEN THEM ALL.

That's how he does against wrestlers. He wins.

Looked decent against Gil.

I'd love to see him and Khabib.

Mark Bocek, Jim Miller, Clay Guida, Josh Thomson, and Rustam Khabilov are all considered strong wrestlers and he got the W against them all.

his TDD isn't AMAZING but he's definitely excellent at scrambling and finding a way back to his feet, all things are possible through christ.

Khabilov very easily outwrestled Bendo. Bendo's cardio and pressure was just too much.

You gotta have cardio if you want to compete at LW. Period.

Bendo vs Khabib is the fight I hope they make. I think Bendo wins by decision.

Bendo vs Khabib is the fight I hope they make. I think Bendo wins by decision.

Agreed, Bendo wins by decision if they fight. Bendo is too big and strong for Khabib to be able to bully like Khabib does to other people.

I'm a big Khabib fan and kind of hope they don't put him against Bendo just because I know Bendo knocks him back to the end of the line.

Agreed, Bendo wins by decision if they fight. Bendo is too big and strong for Khabib to be able to bully like Khabib does to other people.

I'm a big Khabib fan and kind of hope they don't put him against Bendo just because I know Bendo knocks him back to the end of the line.

Great fight to make and I think either one could win but I would think Bendo gets it done.

He's a great scrambler. Khabilov outwrestled him but he never failed to get back up. Idk how a fight with Khabib would go... Wanna see it

Bendo was def the better mma wrestler....gives up his back often, but uses it to get up fairly quick...

bendo does not have the best takedown game but he is a monstrr in scrambles

hes been taken down by guida and edgar, but he dominated them in any prolonged grappling exchange

Off topic, but if you really think Bendo has the most active guard you've ever seen then you've clearly never watched Carlos Condit

bendo does not have the best takedown game but he is a monstrr in scrambles

hes been taken down by guida and edgar, but he dominated them in any prolonged grappling exchange
Yea, like Munoz, Bendo is one of those guys who's awesome on the mat but not necessarily the best at getting it there.

I've never seen anyone get in a scramble with Bendo and wind up in a good position. Ever.

Off topic, but if you really think Bendo has the most active guard you've ever seen then you've clearly never watched Carlos Condit

dont know why people say this. Condit just hangs on in guard and waits for a stand up.

Back