How does Ankalaev beat Cutelaba - Decision or stoppage?

beroisimo**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get all of your thoughts on this intriguing rematch. I do think Ankalaev is the better fighter, but for some reason I think he isn't going to finish the fight. Not only was the first stoppage BS, but Cutelaba is much tougher than people give him credit for.

Probably by decision because cutelaba has a great chin.

Tko via ground & pound, Cutelaba doesnt have a great gas tank after round 1.

Cuteleba will gas, find himself on the ground with punches raining down on him and the ref saving him.

I think he'll break him down slowly and finish it in the third like he did to Lungiambula. Even if he doesn't hurt him standing (which is a big if) he should be able to take down a gassed Ion and maul him from the top.

Ion wins by KO round 1
Defo possible, just think he's too predictable. If Ankalaev's coaches are decent, they'll surely know that Cutelaba doesn't have any gameplans other than to rush Ankalaev and make it a dog fight. A clever coach should be able to gameplan that easily. But then again, these Russians aren't known for their game plans haha.

Ankalaev needs to worry about Cutelaba taking him down and GnPing him, as he will work him on the feet. If he weathers the first round, he should handily beat a gassed Ion.

Destroys him standing on the feet again, ofcourse.

I think Ion is gonna beat him off.... Dana White

Back