How does a prime Silva vs Whittaker fight play out?

Silva was a laser, even more so than Izzy. But I feel like he needed his space and distance to set up killshots, whereas Adesanya showed that he can land killer blows from short distance.

Of course Silva also has the dangerous clinch and knees, and he demonstrated that he can fight on the retreat against Griffin, but thats a far cry from Whittaker.

Who takes it?
Whittaker does a little better than Forest

Trying to fight Anderson Silva the way Rob tried to fight Izzy would be a quick route to getting knocked out.

Lol everyone here saying Rob would get destroyed when all Weidman had to do was move forward with a couple of strikes. Now to get into more technical terms silva mostly fought trash tier strikers with mediocre wrestling except for a select few.

My point being is that Whittaker would eat Silva for breakfast! Why? Whittaker is just too fast, explosive, and too well rounded for poor old Silva to handle. Thinking that Silva would pull a Stylebender is a thought only casuals can fathom!

Prime doesn't mean most recent fight...

<1>
“You’re only as good as your last fight”, prime or not. You win, you’re the GOAT, you lose, you’re a CAN.

silva would absolutely obliterate him

Lol everyone here saying Rob would get destroyed when all Weidman had to do was move forward with a couple of strikes. Now to get into more technical terms silva mostly fought trash tier strikers with mediocre wrestling except for a select few.
Weidman would walk right through whittaker.

Not an easy task for either guy but Whittaker beats him IMO. Andy is no Izzy. Rob is arguably the best middleweight ever, up there with Izzy, Andy, Yoel & Jacare.

dont be a fool. luke rockhold, weidman, mousasi and bisping are all better mw's than robert.

If Rob fought the same way he did in his defense vs Israel? He'd get knocked out. Looked rusty/sloppy as hell out there.

Anderson by TKO.

Vs a PRIME Leban/Franklin Killing Silva??
<36>

Izzy has trouble with an out of shape, post injury , 44yr old Silva.

<BC1>

Prime Anderson is best ever in my book. Sorry Bobby knuckles, your not in the same class as the spider.:D

Weidman would win round 1, start to gas and get tagged in round 2, then get finished in round 3. 1-4 since usada
Okay, so he's lost some.

but i watch fights so i know how good weidman is. He won multiple rounds against yoel, luke, and jacare. he never really got dominated in any of his losses, they were all fairly competitive fights.

Okay, so he's lost some.

but i watch fights so i know how good weidman is. He won multiple rounds against yoel, luke, and jacare. he never really got dominated in any of his losses, they were all fairly competitive fights.

Yes this is what I'm saying. He usually wins the 1st round, begins to slow in the 2nd, then gets finished in the 3rd. Yoel, jacare, mousasi all beat him in the 3rd if I remember correctly. And rockhold should have finished him then, but Herb gave him all the chance in the world to survive.

Whittaker is better in the stand up, and has great TDD. Seems like a horrible match up for Weidman.

Back