How does a champ get paid just 100k?

If you work 40 hours a week for a year ........100k = 48 dollars an hour.

People whine too much about fighter pay.

It's a contract. You don't magically get a new contract when you become champ. You do however get PPV points. Nunes will clear at least 3 million on top of her 100k base pay. Once her contract is up, I'm sure she'll negotiate for much more money now that she's the champ and has beaten Ronda.

Thanks, was genuinely curious. Good for her if she's getting that money. In soccer for example they (clubs) can negotiate a new contract at any time, so wasn't sure if that could be an option in the UFC.

The article you read is misleading, it didn't show the big ass Reebok check ahell get.

I guarantee you she aint fighting for 100k her next fight. It's going to increase.

amanda got 100+100+ppv.

if you dont understand that financially ronda is worth more, then the conversation can end here.

How does a champ get paid 100k? Easy.

Would you shell out 55 bucks for a PPV to watch Nunes headline a weak card? Pretty obvious the answer is no. That's why they put a second title fight on the card, rely on an old star (rousey) or move the fights to fightnights and free tv

If people want to see u fight u will get paid. If they dont.....

amanda got 100+100+ppv.

if you dont understand that financially ronda is worth more, then the conversation can end here.

I literally said I understand why Ronda gets paid way more. Just thought it was a small amount for a champion.

Thanks, was genuinely curious. Good for her if she's getting that money. In soccer for example they (clubs) can negotiate a new contract at any time, so wasn't sure if that could be an option in the UFC.

Usually Zuffa was nice enough to renegotiate a contract if you became champ or at least a couple of fights before your contract ends. With WME, I'm sure that will change. She's definitely still on the same contract she was prior to becoming champion though. I'd expect her to get 300-500k + PPV points when she does a new deal.

Seriously, I just read Nunes gets 100k and Rousey 3mil? I mean I understand Rousey gets a lot but 100k for a champ is just ridiculous.
very few people would pay to see her fight see WNBA

UFC contracts have provisions built in that provide big upside should the fighter become a champion. Alvarez was a similar case. McGoat made fun of him for not renewing his contract, but the original contract already provided big upside. Benson Henderson said the same thing... UFC provided him big upside, IF, he became champion again... But he decided it wasnt worth the risk. So no, Nunes made far more than 100k +100k. Im sure she'll clear $600k - $1M.

Seriously, I just read Nunes gets 100k and Rousey 3mil? I mean I understand Rousey gets a lot but 100k for a champ is just ridiculous.

TJ Dillashaw earned 30k for his win over Assuncao.

Back