How does a champ get paid just 100k?

Tika

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Seriously, I just read Nunes gets 100k and Rousey 3mil? I mean I understand Rousey gets a lot but 100k for a champ is just ridiculous.

yeah, but Ronda did all the work promoting the fight

<36>

Hopefully because she is getting paid a lot of money behind closed doors? Wishful thinking... that really sucks if thats all she walks with.

<36>

can't tell if you're joking or not, but she did. this isn't the first time that not doing press has brought more attention than showing up would have gotten.

nunes should be glad she got as much as she did, nobody bought the event for her

<36>

tenor.gif

She'll clear a million easy from backstage bonuses and PPV points.

Nunes is not a brilliant actor, unlike Ronda

Winning gets you the fights. Putting asses in the seats gets you the money.

Nunes will make at least another $15,000 from the crappy pay-per-view numbers

I know, but they really need to let her sign an upgraded contract. She ended two careers lol.

Seriously, I just read Nunes gets 100k and Rousey 3mil? I mean I understand Rousey gets a lot but 100k for a champ is just ridiculous.

You forgot about that Reebok money tho.

Cause Dana is a Douche and Ronda has been fighting cans..

It's a contract. You don't magically get a new contract when you become champ. You do however get PPV points. Nunes will clear at least 3 million on top of her 100k base pay. Once her contract is up, I'm sure she'll negotiate for much more money now that she's the champ and has beaten Ronda.

Really? How? Proof? And I hope you are right!

Sorry, no hard evidence of the backstage bonuses but they're pretty well known in the business. She'll definitely get a PPV cut as champion unless she signed a horrible contract.

Back