How do you wash your gloves ?

g0re

White Belt
Reaction score
I've had these 14 oz. fairtex gloves for quite a while now but I have never really washed them properly, I believe. So far, I have used disinfectant spray with scented sprays but they still smell like shit.

How do you guys keep your gloves clean ?

Solution 1

Air 'em out.

Solution 2

Cedar chips into a sock.
Sock into glove.
Leave the sock in whenever you don't use it.
Magic.

Solution 3

Place your gloves inside a plastic bag, tie that shit up.
Place the bag inside the freezer, leave overnight.
Let the gloves thaw in room temperature.
Air 'em out.

What this does is it freezes the bacteria living in your gloves (trust me, if they still stink then some nasty shit is living in your gloves) and the cold temperature kills 'em.

For the cedar chips trick you can also put a tiny little bag of dessicant in with it, or soak the cedar chips in a baking soda/water bath - I find it helps with moisture - been using that trick with my hunting boots for years.

Wash... gloves?

Does not compute.

Do you remember to air them out? or are you constantly using the same pair so they don't dry out between uses?

Wash... gloves?

Does not compute.

Do you remember to air them out? or are you constantly using the same pair so they don't dry out between uses?

if this is the case, I would recommend buying another pair or two and rotate so they have a chance to dry out. because as long as they get a chance to air out you shouldnt need to "wash" your gloves.

for now you best bet is to hit them with a disinfectant and let them air dry.

Wash... gloves?

Does not compute.

Lol, well by "wash" I don't mean like putting them in a washing machine or something.

I use the same technique all the time: disinfectant spray along with some air freshener spray... but they still smell. Either way, looks like I gotta get another pair... they're torn too so wth.

I wipe it down with a damp cloth and air it out, but I have 2 pairs of gloves. So I get the chance to rotate them and give them a break

Back