How do you train when on vacation?

CroSpartacus

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I go to a gym and stick to training with compound exercises (squat, deads, bench etc.) mainly with free weights. But I am going to be going to Croatia this July for about a month. I don't want to lose the gains I have over there and would like to train while I'm over there.

The problem is that for the first to weeks I will be moving from one city to another in days, while the last two weeks I will be in one area. What can I do to train over there for strength? I was thinking of finding a gym there and workout temporarily, but just in case that doesn't workout, what can I do?

The only thing I can think of is to bring those cable bands,,,, I was thinking of bringing dumbells but that is going to be a hassle and expensive taking that to the airport.

Has anyone been in this situation before? How do you train when on vacation? I know I can do a lot of body workouts and cardio, but I would like to keep working on my strength as well. All I can think of is lifting heavy rocks over there.

And also, I take protein powder and creatine,,, is that going to be a problem getting that through the airlines? I haven't been on a plain in 8 years and don't know if they will allow supplements.

I would probably train very hard now before your trip. To the point of almost overtraining, which will allow you to take some time off at the start.

For the rest of the trip you should be able to at least maintain your strength with BW exercises. On top of that you can add stuff like lifting stones, pushing cars, sprints/Jumps.

Take Ross's "Never Gymless" book with you. And I'm sure you can find supplements there.

Losing some gains is going to be inevitable unless you find a gym somewhere where you can seamlessly continue your training.

One thing you can say about Croatia is you won't be short on rocks (unless you really stick to urban areas). Find one you like and do stuff. Cardio opportunities are endless and there's nothing wrong with just devoting some time to cardio.

I think you are losing sight of the point of vacation.

I enjoy training on vacation, and any other time, for that matter...

I agree with vision 1, train really hard up to the time of your trip, so your first few days off actually become days of super-compensation.

From there, here are some of my vacation favorites...
-Running (see the sights and get a workout simultaneously)
-Bodyweight calisthenics for endurance (push ups, sit ups, BW squats etc...)
-Bodyweight cals for S&P (One arm push ups, L-sits, etc...)
-Do pull ups on whatever you can find (within reason :) )
-I like to bring along a jump rope.
-"Never Gymless" by Ross Enamait is full of great suggestions.

When I was in Hawaii I lifted lava rocks by the coast, and did pullups on a tree branch.

I felt like Tarzan, and you will too.

Well, I tried it with her lying on the floor, and me doing pushups on her face, but she said it hurt.

When I was in Hawaii I lifted lava rocks by the coast, and did pullups on a tree branch.

I felt like Tarzan, and you will too.

why didnt you lift rocks while lava was flowing down on you? Or were you too much of a pansy to do so?

when i was in mexico last month i continued with my routine, except between each set i would devour some free beer

Find a YMCA tell them you have a membership in your hometown and were hoping to use their facilities while here on vacation. God bless those Christian bastards they swallow this shit whole.

Do incline push-ups with your feet on the bed or chair or something.

Hey guys,

I go to a gym and stick to training with compound exercises (squat, deads, bench etc.) mainly with free weights. But I am going to be going to Croatia this July for about a month. I don't want to lose the gains I have over there and would like to train while I'm over there.

The problem is that for the first to weeks I will be moving from one city to another in days, while the last two weeks I will be in one area. What can I do to train over there for strength? I was thinking of finding a gym there and workout temporarily, but just in case that doesn't workout, what can I do?

The only thing I can think of is to bring those cable bands,,,, I was thinking of bringing dumbells but that is going to be a hassle and expensive taking that to the airport.

Has anyone been in this situation before? How do you train when on vacation? I know I can do a lot of body workouts and cardio, but I would like to keep working on my strength as well. All I can think of is lifting heavy rocks over there.

And also, I take protein powder and creatine,,, is that going to be a problem getting that through the airlines? I haven't been on a plain in 8 years and don't know if they will allow supplements.

I think you can bring supps in clear baggies or something. A quick google seach will tell you, or you can buy some or go without. Treat is as a "cycle off" period.

Never Gymless was suggested. I second that idea.

If you are going to be outdoors, I've got a ton of suggestions. If not, Never Gymless.

Back