How do you think UFC did on ESPN's debut?

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
The last 3 fights went as followed:

Gillespie, got booed out of the arena after superior technical leg hump

Hardy, lost by DQd

Cejudo, """controversial""" early stoppage

I mean, could it have gone any worse?

In my opinion this card was terrible for the casuals, you have manlets fighting in the main, one of which almost died making 125 for the first time since 19 y.o. (12 years)

Then Hardy, who albeit the hype, was still a big question mark. Was on his way to gassing out.

Then Gillespie, who is a pure wrestler 95% of the time when he isnt brawling to set up a takedown.

This card should included JBG fighters and flashy ones

Costa wouldve been perfect
Yoel
Pettis
Etc

Last edited:
Much better than the Fox debut

mtqg4w.gif

I was in attendance. It was a fun night of fights and a good vibe in the arena. I was fucked up, so keep that in consideration lol

The boos for Gregor were really bad. which sucked because he was fighting a brilliant fight, and it's his home state. But whatever. Was a great night overall.

125 is still around and Sherdog is still bitching. I loved it. Canceled ESPN+ already though.

125 is still around and Sherdog is still bitching. I loved it. Canceled ESPN+ already though.
I have no problem with the outcomes, cowboy winning, Hardy getting DQd, and salty TJ is just about perfect for me.

But how do you think the casuals viewd the event?

Debut on ESPN and Dana promoted a division that he wants to kill.

Good job.

Debut on ESPN and Dana promoted a division that he wants to kill.

Good job.
Probably shouldve mentioned that in OP too.

Imagine being a casual and being told that Main is for the title of a division thats being shut down

<Dana05><Dana05>

Stellar.

They have finally made and are considered mainstream now in many circles.

I enjoyed the show, the fights, and Stephen A was less cringe worthy than expected.

There were 6 fights on the main card why just talk about the last 3?
The Hardy fight was terrible as expected but the other two were finishes.

Benavidez vs Ortiz was fun and crazy scrambles, PVZ vs Ostovich wasn't bad and Glover wasn't bad either.

2 subs, 2 TKOs, 1 points and 1 DQ, that's not too bad.

The last 3 fights went as followed:

Gillespie, got booed out of the arena after superior technical leg hump

Hardy, lost by DQd

Cejudo, """controversial""" early stoppage

I mean, could it have gone any worse?

In my opinion this card was terrible for the casuals, you have manlets fighting in the main, one of which almost died making 125 for the first time since 19 y.o. (12 years)

Then Hardy, who albeit the hype, was still a big question mark. Was on his way to gassing out.

Then Gillespie, who is a pure wrestler 95% of the time when he isnt brawling to set up a takedown.

This card should included JBG fighters and flashy ones

Costa wouldve been perfect
Yoel
Pettis
Etc
You forgot to mention how ESPN+ was causing almost everyone a shit load of problems ranging from the stream freezing to even the app not loading at all.

I say the ESPN debut was a disaster.

If I have to listen to Trevor Whittman talk every fight card, I'm probably going to become a casual <KingstonFrown>

It was a pretty good card. If anyone was watching for the 1st time it had a bit of everything.

At least the FOX premier was free .
....and marketed/ promoted to a bigger audience.

I have no problem with the outcomes, cowboy winning, Hardy getting DQd, and salty TJ is just about perfect for me.

But how do you think the casuals viewd the event?
I'm sure they were entertained.

TJ lost and I was 10/13 who really gives a shit beyond that?

Back