How do you think Darren Till will do against the top 10 at MW?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KazDibiase, Sep 11, 2018.

1. KazDibiase "My style is kneeing people in the face."

2. SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

if you asked Friday, most people would say he would beat at least 6-10, maybe more.

today most will say none or maybe Tavares and Branch.

it's not just limited to Till though. the Woodley GOAT talks these last few days have been over the top.

of course there is no "right answer". so i find the trends of answers over time a much more interesting way to answer your question.

3. Red Son Superman Comrade of Steel Banned

C - Loses via 2nd round TKO
    1 - Loses via 3rd round KO
    2 - Wins via 1st round KO
    3 - Loses via 3rd round sub
    4 - Wins via UD
    5 - Wins via 1st round TKO
    6 - Wins via 1st round KO
    7 - Wins via 2nd round TKO
    8 - Wins via 3rd round TKO
    9 - Loses via UD
    10 - Wins via UD

He beats the majority of them.

4. ninja boot Brown Belt

I like your breakdown but I think he loses to more than you mention just based on the size advantage he once enjoyed dissolving.

5. loyalyolayal Steel Belt

He would beat Israel. That's it.

6. BrianC18t Yellow Belt

He will get starched by most of the top 10 at MW.

7. Raise Your Fist Red Belt

damn banned already 1 post

8. kabanos Green Belt

Robert, Yoel, Kelvin and Costa would wreck him now.

Israel would be interesting. Close fight.

The rest probably Darren would beat. Hard to judge now after such a loss. Tbh it was a little bit to soon for a TS... although I was rooting for him. And still think he can be a great one

9. Toco Steel Belt

yesterday woodley was one of the most boring fighters on the planet. now he's one of the most exciting and also now even better and greater than GSP. if next fight we get a repeat of wonderboy 1/2/demian we will go back to when people hated him

10. Raise Your Fist Red Belt

I think top 5 beats him, Till might be able to light up Luke before he gets taken down.

Bottom 5 though Darren can take them all IMO

11. Deezer Purple Belt

Hed beat half of them. Its an intersting part of tills career now. Many have fell at their first title challenge, Now what will happen is what should have happened is him mixing it with a few top 5 guys and well get to see how good he is and whether he improves. People love to piss on fighters who just lost. Still a lot of unknowns with Till, Im interested in seeing how it turns out.

12. kevinramsdell Brown Belt

Stupid post. Till is is still one of the best in the division and would do fine at MW as well. It was the kid's first title shot against a great opponent. Woodley isn't the goat, but it's time to start giving him the respect he deserves. He hasn't lost since a 2014 decision to Rory. Has an 18 month layoff after his win over Kelvin and sleeps one of the most feared men at the time Robbie Lawler in 2 minutes. Tactically beats Wonderboy twice, and Maia. Then obliterates Till.... cmon now give this man the respect he deserves.

Till still looked great against Wonderboy and won the fight. I would like to see him be tested against more of the tougher guys in the division now if he chooses to stay but to say he couldn't beat Tavares or Branch is a bit of reach. Woodley really is just "that good" and Till looked bad because of how great Woodley did staying composed and not over reaching. This is the 3rd time in 4 fights Woodley is fighting a strategic striker, you don't think he has the game plan down now?

13. mmasask Orange Belt

for Till being labeled as a "striker" his standup game is mediocore at best in my eyes

14. Uncommon Valor Super Fly

Banned after one post?

15. Jared's picks Tapping to strikes is shameful. Banned

He sleeps all of them except Weidman

16. Ruthless_swag Banned Banned

1. loss
    2. definitely would lose unless Yoel really is past it by next year
    3. 50 50 vs Rockhold
    4. win vs weidman
    5. loss vs gastulem
    6. win vs Souza at this stage
    7. easy win
    8. win vs branch comfortably
    9. tough one. 50 50 vs costa.
    10. easily beats adreaanya. dude can't punch at all.
    11. win vs Tavares.

3 definite losses. 2 50 50 fights. top 5 imo.

17. Franklin U. Gold Belt

Listen- Till a talented fighter.He outpointed the outpointer in wonderboy but outside that we can look back and see he handled a lightweight in Cerrone (and can't figure for life of me why Donald continues to pen welter fights).
    I wasn't to impressed with the quick tap to a non completely sunk in brabo..... granted he was getting hammered as a prelude.
    I don't know where he's belted in his ground arsenal but if he can make 170 safely then that's where he should stay.
    If you're an elite and young then you learn from Saturday night --- move on and be able to " turn the proverbial page" in an extremely unforgiving sport.

No reason for 185 (not yet, at least). I see a fight with someone like Chris who keeps distance well standing....... moment fight gets to ground (after watching Saturday)- it'd be a wrap, imho

18. ninja boot Brown Belt

I'm curious what has changed that Woodley only now deserves the credit?
    He's strategically beat every opponent that has been lined up across from since being crowned. He's shown superior counter striking and superior wrestling the entire time regardless of how exciting the fans and Dana deemed his performance.
    I think its more of a situation of there are a lot of sheep out there listening to the press slag a fighter that has been cruising along the whole time and is getting shit on for not being a poster child for the brand.

19. Evangelion Gold Belt

The fact multiple people think Till beats Adesanya is remarkable. Seems like everyone on this forum picks fights based on who they like. Ya'll on some ho shit

20. It Just Is Purple Belt

I think he has a legit shot against Luke. Till has great TDD and nullifies the clinch very well. But, if Till lands in a bad scramble or Luke knocks him down, the fight is over. Till showed great resilience off his back, but clearly a strong grappler will get him in the end if the fight goes there.

Luckily, Rockhold doesn't have the best shot. He is however, a beast if the fight gets to the mat. I still favor Till. I think Luke would have similar problems with Gus even though their striking styles are different.