How do you think Cains money situation is?

Even if his career were to end today, I see no reason he couldn't open a successful gym and train fighters and still make a good living.
his gym should be called SLA - Sea Level Academy

To all of those criticising TS, take a minute and chill out.

He's not counting a man's pockets or dissing him in any shape or form, if anything he is looking out for Cain.

I think the same thing all the time, most of these guys and girls are in their early 30's and they don't earn all that much. If you take a Ronda Rousey who is making multiple millions in every fight, alongside other ventures like advertising and movies etc. then I would suspect that she has a good amount saved for the future. I also hear through the grapevine that she isn't a big spender, so that will really help in terms of making that money last.

On the other hand you have Conor, who is almost 30 and also makes shit-loads of money - but is much more free with the way he spends it. If there isn't much financial savvy, and you get a serious injury or something along those lines, you are running the risk of having to downsize - it happened to Eric Snow the basketball player, went from mansion to small house in a flash because of injury.

Cain's lack of activity, and the fact that I don't think he made all that much when he was fighting (perhaps a few million) is what makes us worry about financial stability. People forget that camps, taxes, living costs, raising children, management fees etc. all take a toll on the bank balance.

Not all of Cain's dollars are public, but he was making anywhere from 200-400k in his last 5 fights (not including PPV %). He might be very stable, but who knows how he spends his cash?

Last edited:
he made few thousand for beating up rondas boyfriend

And he has a long life ahead of him with dwindling earning potential. :(

He can always coach.

I'm sure he's got enough money to keep the burritos coming in.

brock-lesnar-entrance-o.gif

On the other hand you have Conor, who is almost 30 and also makes shit-loads of money - but is much more free with the way he spends it. If there isn't much financial savvy, and you get a serious injury or something along those lines, you are running the risk of having to downsize - it happened to Eric Snow the basketball player, went from mansion to small house in a flash because of injury.

Most of Connor's houses and cars are rented so he can portray a Mayweather like image to drum up more interest and PPV sales, he knows what he's doing.

It does not matter. He is retiring to Mexico where he will live like a KING!

His body could be so beat that he can't even train others. Then he has to find a new career. And the guy can barely put a sentence together. He really could have a rough future.

Bas Rutten has more wear and tear than just about any man living and he still trains fighters. I haven't noticed any signs of being punch drunk with Cain. Do you have a recent interview you're thinking of that you could link?

Even if he's done fighting (which I doubt) Cain is probably set for life, if he invests and doesn't spend like crazy.

As a champ, he earned PPV points for his defenses, and made 6 figures for most of his non-title fights. Plus he has endorsements with Metro PCS, BSN supplements, Affliction, etc., and he seems like a devoted family man who won't throw it all away.

you guys realize big name fighters like this make bank on camps, appearances/signing shows, etc. Heck man, good college wrestlers can make a living off summer camps if they were popular enough.

I'd like to say he has a few million in the bank like Jon Jones but he simply wasn't nearly as active as Jones and didn't spend enough time on top like Jones or an Anderson Silva or GSP.

I think this fight with Werdum was very important to him. He knew he was injured but still tried going through with it.

Now I'm not saying he's poor. But i highly doubt he has like 6 or 7 million in the bank. If he has accumulated that much and is sitting on a nice nest egg. He should consider retirement and training future fighters full time. Because I dont see another pay day for Cain for another year. The UFC has been burned by Cain one too many times. Really trying to push him as the face of MMA in Mexico. Out of 5 scheduled fights with Werdum he shows up once.
I don't think he is rich, but Cain don't peg me as a big spender either.
IMO he is fine. He made 300k for one fight this year, not counting his big sponsors.

Depends entirely on his spending habits. If he is smart with his money, he's got a nice nest-egg. If he spent it like he'd be the champion until he was 100 years old...well...maybe he's not okay.

The reality is probably somewhere in between, but closer to the "being smart with money" side.

Don't see Cain blowing his money, I think ts is correct, he's probably got a few milli in the bank. IFRC he has some nice toys like a modified atv, sports car and a truck.. So he's gotta have some kind of money to keep those things going. It looks like he has a nice spread too, probably not a huge house, but a nice one. I think if he was more active he'd have a lot more.

Also, doesn't Sean Sherk work as a carpenter?

Last edited:
Back