How do you tell the difference between a Hippy and a Gypsy?

RapeChokeBDSM**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the gypsy's as an ethnic group. I'm talking about the U.S. version of a Gypsy. My loose definition of a U.S. gypsy is a hippy/hustler crossover usually of the homeless variety.

Here's the thing though, I want to be able to distinguish them apart without having to get into a conversation. Because they are very friendly and it's a slippery slope. Next thing you're a mile into the Forrest watching grown adults howl at the moon. Can't have that again.

I know! Right.. Wait.. what?

"Accidentally" drop a spare wallet on the ground and act like you didn't know it fell. The hippie will pick it up and give it to you. The gypsy will keep it.

Which group do you want to hang out with....and why?

If you still have all your stuff after meeting the person, it was a hippy.

"Accidentally" drop a spare wallet on the ground and act like you didn't know it fell. The hippie will pick it up and give it to you. The gypsy will keep it.

The gypsy will bump into you to pick up the spare wallet, hand it back to you, pat you on the back and walk off.

Later you'll realize they got your real wallet, your watch, your cellphone, and took the cash out of the spare wallet.

the lines are getting blurrier and blurrier when it comes to this. in san francisco, you'll come across a lot of aggressive hippies who won't leave you the fuck alone. they'll either ask for change, or a cigarette. when you say no, they'll either plead with you or they'll tell you that you're lying. sometimes, you have to tell them to fuck off. and hope that they're not the crazy ones who'll get physical about it.

[YT]bch1_Ep5M1s[/YT]

Where have these days gone?

Aggro-hippies? WTF!

(Also I am a bit puzzled by the concept of subtitling songs for the deaf. Aren't they just poems now?)

the lines are getting blurrier and blurrier when it comes to this. in san francisco, you'll come across a lot of aggressive hippies who won't leave you the fuck alone. they'll either ask for change, or a cigarette. when you say no, they'll either plead with you or they'll tell you that you're lying. sometimes, you have to tell them to fuck off. and hope that they're not the crazy ones who'll get physical about it.

Yeah, I had to basically pay a homeless guy in SF to not break into my car. It was fucking ridiculous.

take a picture of them, then tell them they better hope the car is alright when you get back.

I paid him. He made sure nobody else broke in either. I realize he could have taken the money and broken in. But he didn't know how long I'd be gone. And he's on foot carrying a huge backpack with all his possessions. There's no way I wouldn't find him somewhere on the Embarcadero, which is where we were.

Kinda like the difference between a hooptie and a ghetto sled. You can't particularly define them individually, but you know it when you see it.

You pushovers should stand up and get more confrontational. Either way, keep it over there.

The hell is a gypsy anyways?

I've seen Thinner, the Stephen King movie. Full of gypsy magic.

Was reading hippie and thought hipster the whole time. Down south our ways of classifying people hasn't kept up with the times. Highly offensive is funnier.

Just pass by them with any type of body damage on your car. If one offers to fix it for cheap then he is in fact a Gypsy.

Back