How do you see Silva Diaz playing out? Predictions

i see it playing out quite similar to the bj penn fight.i just dont see how a 40 year old man with a rod in his leg can keep up with nicks pace.besides no ones ever out struck nick.diaz by late stoppage or ud.

...gh?

so, you watched a 38 year old man beat the living crap out of everybody, but nicks plodding forward is going to ruin that? that nick who's pace didn't get him a win in what, 3 years? who's a welterweight?

and no one outstruck nick? he landed about one good punch on gsp, while repeatedly getting his head snapped back. and then there was that condit guy, but i guess all he did was running away, wasn't he? i mean, nick called him a bitch, so he must have been beating the shit out of him, right?

Silva head kicks Nick to a living death.

Silvas probably going to feel out diaz's boxing with his headweaving bs which will most likely get him punched, Then hes going to tighten up and start picking him apart with kicks and counter punch's. can't see it going past the 3rd round. Thats my opinion though. diaz is too straightforward, its almost comical. he's like balrog from street fighter, Everythings a punch.

I see quite a few got the correct end, that is rd2 ko/tko

The means, vintage silva

First round has 2minutes of feeling out with Diaz moving forward, jabbing, hooks and some baby kicks. Silva with head movements, bobbing and counters. Yes, unchecked leg kicks which leaves Diaz sore after the first. Edge-of-your-seat last minute with a couple of almost fight-ending tags by silva. Round 1 to silva by a close margin

Round2, silva regains his huge confidence and starts the taunting and mind games, but more controlled than clowning seen in first weidman fight. Diaz won't have any of if and reciprocates with verbal abuse of his own. Silva does matrix sequence. Catches Diaz with a counter left. Throws a flying knee to body and that's all folks.

He back

It either goes 2 ways imo.

One with Silva utilizing his kicking game and eviscerating Nick's legs, for a one-sided beating. Possibly a stoppage by round 2.

Or two, Silva reticent to use his kicks due to the horrific injury in his last fight, in which he engages Diaz in a toe-to-toe slugfest, and we wind up having a phonebooth war. Diaz wins via late TKO or decision.

I think Silva hurts Diaz with a counter and finishes him with brutal clinch work, Silva should be the much stronger man and if he gets the thai plum I don't see Diaz going anywhere but down. Silva via Tko round 1

If Silva is serious about coming back, he needs to make a statement and finish this brutally in the 1st.

If Nick thought he was pissed after the Condit fight, he's going to retire after this one. Focused Anderson by elusiveness and counter-punching.

Brutally...for Diaz.

I can seriously see it being a one-sided striking clinic for 3 rounds, with Silva picking him apart, busting him apart in the clinch and a DR Stoppage ending the fight on the stool after the 3rd, Diaz being drenched in blood from several cuts around the eyes.

Anderson will get Nick in a clinch and Franklin him, the Spider is to strong for Diaz.

Round 2

Silva will TKO Diaz in the first round. Unfortunately.

I think Nate revealed a pretty big weakness in the Diaz style, leg kicks. I also think Silva has a lot to prove, from returning to his previous GOAT status, to how his leg break recovery has been, and to show the world how good someone can be after such a thing.

So I feel he will pummel Nick with leg kicks, stay on the outside, and drive some vicious knee's in the clinch eventually getting some kind of TKO.

As a fan of Nick, I hope he hasn't already lost the mental game. I recall reading somewhere that he mentioned Silva was GOAT and knowing youre fighting who you feel is the GOAT has to do some wonders on you mentally. I feel Diaz wont be as hot headed as he normally is and may even take it easy on Silva.

Silva by 3rd Round TKO due to leg kicks...

I really don't think Anderson is going to throw many leg kicks, I got Anderson by tko round 2, I think he is going to use knees from the clinch very effectively in this fight and will stop Nick with a knee to the head

I really don't think Anderson is going to throw many leg kicks, I got Anderson by tko round 2, I think he is going to use knees from the clinch very effectively in this fight and will stop Nick with a knee to the head

That's the thing. I think most people would assume this according to his last fight but I think a good strategy is to go in and show that the leg is good, that Silva is 110% recovered from the injury, and that he still has devastating leg kicks. Also, its a good strategy if your opponent doesn't expect it.

I see Anderson dropping Nick in the 2nd rd and getting TKOd, while Nick is crumpled up against the cage eating shots. Big John will eventually rescue Nick from the violence destowed upon him.

I think Nate revealed a pretty big weakness in the Diaz style, leg kicks. I also think Silva has a lot to prove, from returning to his previous GOAT status, to how his leg break recovery has been, and to show the world how good someone can be after such a thing.

So I feel he will pummel Nick with leg kicks, stay on the outside, and drive some vicious knee's in the clinch eventually getting some kind of TKO.

As a fan of Nick, I hope he hasn't already lost the mental game. I recall reading somewhere that he mentioned Silva was GOAT and knowing youre fighting who you feel is the GOAT has to do some wonders on you mentally. I feel Diaz wont be as hot headed as he normally is and may even take it easy on Silva.

Silva by 3rd Round TKO due to leg kicks...

I agree. If Nick doesn't check Silva's kicks this fight won't even be competitive.

I agree. If Nick doesn't check Silva's kicks this fight won't even be competitive.

I'm looking forward to this fight so much now lol hopefully it lives up to expectations!!

Back