How do you see Khabib vs Maia playing out?

Penguinpow12

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Khabib has entertained the idea of fighting welterweight one day, and if he was indeed serious this would be probably the most exciting matchup for him there. Both Maia and Khabib are arguably the best grapplers in the UFC, how do you see this one playing out?

God, I'd hope they wouldn't bang it out.

Khabib should be favorite... but he should be in any fight imo.

That said, he could always lose, especially when taking down Maia. Would be a very interesting fight.

That's a grappling fanz wet dream fight. I can't even begin to say how it would go down... just be amazed & in awe in the glory of that match up.

I don't see that playing out Khabib is a LW and Maia WW....

Last edited:
Maia finishes Khabib any way he wants. Maia's both a better striker and better on the ground... Khabib can get the takedowns, but going to the mat with Maia is asking for trouble.

Potential to be a great one if it ever comes to pass, that being said I'd take Maia. Better standup & a tad better on the ground imo, plus the longer limbs would help him while applying his Jitsu.

Pretty sure Maia would destroy him, but I'd happily pay for the PPV that they headline to see it.

Khabib wins by top control

Maia has been outgrappled by hake shields close but still lost and lost to Chris weidman on short notice

Those LW vs MW bouts always go really well. I'll take the bigger guy.

Is this in some alternate universe where they fight in the same weight class? Last I checked Maia is a former 185 title challenger who moved down to 170. Khabib has fought his entire career at 155.

Are you a wizard???

The stand up would be fun to watch. This will be the first match where the crowd will boo them on to the ground

Khabib wins by top control

Maia has been outgrappled by hake shields close but still lost and lost to Chris weidman on short notice
Weidman was on the feet pretty much and Shields top control is at least 20 times better than Khabib and was a very close fight

Weidman was on the feet pretty much and Shields top control is at least 20 times better than Khabib and was a very close fight
How is shields top control better when khabib has good positional control plus ground and pound? Shields just threatens submissions on top or just lays

Back