How do you see Al vs Barboza go?

Al doesn't need to grapple with Barboza, he needs to push the pace, move forward and deny Barboza the space needed to land his kicks. Al has amazing cardio, I can see him pressuring Barboza to a decision or TKOing him.
I don't have confidence in Iaquinta being able to shut down his kicks with just striking pressure, if a longer, rangier striker in Dan Hooker wasn't able to. Imo, Iaquinta will have to put his wrestling to use if he wants to beat Barboza, which might not be good enough (because its not on the level of Lee or Khabib). But again, Barboza's chin and heart are questionable, so Al might be able to outlast him if its a five round fight. Three rounds, I definitely favor Barboza though.

I fell like if Al gets the takedown like Lee did against him then Barboza will have a difficult time as usual

I like the match up, I think it could go either way, that's why I like it, book it Dana.

It would be a hell of a fight. Think barboza stands the better chance of an early victory but if Al gets it to a third round he wins.

ALs fists find the face really good when he fights, he would have to do that before having one of his legs chopped completely off....

Barboza doesn't handle pressure well, Al would bring plenty.

Yes, I think Al uses a similar strategy that MJ did. Might even use some wrestling in this one. Barboza was tired after 1 round against Hooker, he needs to use let of his explosive power if he wants to keep up with someone like Al.

If Barboza fought like last night he has a great chance against anyone
I'm gonna have to disagree with you because I wasn't impressed with Barboza in that fight. Yes, he inflicted major damage but he was also getting caught with counters. Had he fought that same fight against anyone else in the top 5-10, he probably would have gotten TKO'd.

Back