How do you see Al vs Barboza go?

ViD

🇷🇺🤝🇺🇸
@Brown
Reaction score
I feel that Al would have to go for the takedowns and try to keep Barboza down as much as possible. On the feet, Al is a very good matchup for Barboza who will be able to keep the distance and slow Al with kicks

Barboza doesn't handle pressure well, Al would bring plenty.

Al via closing the distance, wrestling and unorthodox striking.

Barboza can finish any guy at LW if he lands, I truly believe that

But I can see Al sticking it to him in later rounds and getting a stoppage

I wouldn't be putting money on that fight that's for sure, but I'd love to see it happen

Are the medical suspensions out yet?

50/50.

either barboza fucks him up or al dogs it out and fucks barboza up

If Al doesn't exploit Barboza's chin early, then he's going to have some issues. I also don't think Al's offensive wrestling and grappling are enough to pressure Barboza in the ways that Khabib and Lee did. Imo, its definitely a tougher fight for Al than Lee was.

If Barboza fought like last night he has a great chance against anyone, those liver kicks looked nasty. I felt commentary seemed very biased towards Hooker!

If Barboza fought like last night he has a great chance against anyone, those liver kicks looked nasty. I felt commentary seemed very biased towards Hooker!
He was over commiting on his strikes though. Leaving himself open for counters. And Hooker is slow as shit, it suited Edson very well.

If Al doesn't exploit Barboza's chin early, then he's going to have some issues. I also don't think Al's offensive wrestling and grappling are enough to pressure Barboza in the ways that Khabib and Lee did. Imo, its definitely a tougher fight for Al than Lee was.
Al doesn't need to grapple with Barboza, he needs to push the pace, move forward and deny Barboza the space needed to land his kicks. Al has amazing cardio, I can see him pressuring Barboza to a decision or TKOing him.

Barboza can finish any guy at LW if he lands, I truly believe that

But I can see Al sticking it to him in later rounds and getting a stoppage

I wouldn't be putting money on that fight that's for sure, but I'd love to see it happen

Are the medical suspensions out yet?
great answer. Can never count Barboza out of any fight... and Al is very hittable. Got Barboza in a 3 rounder and Al in a 5

Styles make fights and Al should be looking to fight a current top 3 guy and Edson should be calling Al out every single day.

Barboza crushes him imo. Only chance Al has is to land something big.

3 rounds or 5? if 5, i favor Al for sure. but we all know Barboza can finish just about anyone with his leg kicks. definitely not a fight i would bet on!

Fun as hell and probably the fight to make.

Maybe Al won't start the first round trading leg kicks with the best kicker in the game...DAN.... RIP

Lee and khabib have already laid out the game plan for beating barboza.

I could see this ending up like Barboza vs Jamie Varner.

Or I could also see Al getting his legs kicked off or even flatlined by a spinning wheel kick of death.

Tough to call, but wood definitely watch.

barboza would definitely struggle with Al's pressure but barboza would batter Al's lead leg as he comes forward. intriguing matchup

He fought like that because Dan Hooker was dumb keeping the ideal distance to get his legs kicked.

Back