How do you see a Greg Hardy vs Arvloski matchup going in early 2019?

If Hardy lands with anything AA might die in the cage.

Still would take AA until I see Hardy prove himself against someone with a decent record.

Much better and younger versions of Arlovski were KO'd by hard punchers--but very non-elite fighters--like Datsik and Brett Rogers. Draw your own conclusion about how a slow, 39-year old Arlovski would do.

Sooo, you are implying Arlovski is now a worse fighter than in his very first pro MMA fight when he fought Datsit? Lol.

When was the last time AA picked someone apart on the feet? Roy Nelson in EliteXC? He wasn't even dominating Travis Fulton that badly until the literal last second head kick KO. And that was 8 years ago.

Browne and Bigfoot a few years ago.

Sooo, you are implying Arlovski is now a worse fighter than in his very first pro MMA fight when he fought Datsit? Lol.

A lot more experienced but also A LOT more damaged and slow. There's kind of a big difference between a 20 year old and a 39 year old who's been training and fighting consistently for 19 years.

Browne and Bigfoot a few years ago.

He finished them; he didn't outpoint them through an entire fight. In fact, Bigfoot outboxed him decisively a few years before that. The Browne fight could've easily gone either way.

I don't trust hardy until I see him get cracked hard.

A lot more experienced but also A LOT more damaged and slow. There's kind of a big difference between a 20 year old and a 39 year old who's been training and fighting consistently for 19 years.

Its not just about experience, its about skill. Arlovski was not even close as good of a fighter in his very fucking first MMA fight than he is now. Today Arlovski is still a decent top20ish HW even when he is clearly out of his prime, but the Arlovski that fought Datsik would probably not be even a top100 HW today.

Its not just about experience, its about skill. Arlovski was not even close as good of a fighter in his very fucking first MMA fight than he is now. Today Arlovski is still a decent top20ish HW even when he is clearly out of his prime, but the Arlovski that fought Datsik would probably not be even a top100 HW today.

That's pure speculation. MMA has evolved a lot generally, but not nearly as much at HW. And we have the oldest group of HWs ever. After losing to Datsik, Arlovski won his next 4 fights, not losing again until he faced prime Ricco Rodriguez. It's a weird fight to pick, but I'd go with 20-year old Arlovski over the current one. He was fast at age 30 and even faster at 20. He'd be wild, but if he moved around a bit and took enough shots, current Arlovski couldn't keep up and would eventually eat a KO. The difference in speed between the two would be almost shocking.

One thing I've noticed on here is people vastly overrate experience and vastly underrate youth/speed/non-damaged chins. For example, tons of people were saying Overeem would beat both Nagannou and Blaydes due to his skill and experience.

Arlovski by TKO in the closing minute of the first found.

I don't think that's a fair match up for Hardy's experience. It's certainly not wise of the UFC or Hardy's management team if they're trying to build a fighter.

Arlovskis defense is much better and hes taken hard shots in his last fights and wasnt finished. I think as long as Hardy doesnt land clean, Arlovski would piece him up until Hardy is beaten and gassed then AA finishes him.

Hardy is an athlete (obviously) hes been K0'ng C level fighters - and thats not unexpected, however he has no real training.

As soon as he comes across a guy with real skills (life time of training and experience) he will get exposed.

Hes a good athelete but it doesnt make up for the 20+ years of grappling and striking training the elite guys have.

All the guys at the elite level are good atheletes.

Pretty sure Arlavsky takes him out early, or they go the distance and Andre wins a lopsided decision.

Back