How do you rate Steve Collins?

Pretty sure thats been Seanos bit for years.
no it was from posts made by some guy I can't remember his name. he used to do a "is this kinda famous but not particularly special fighter a top ten ATG?" posts

edit: it's stroker!

Highly. It’s nonsense to suggest he caught Eubank on the slide, he was on 43 fight undefeated streak FFS and didn’t loose to anyone not named Collins’s for another two years

he shouldnt have got the decision against Ray Close, he was on the slide.

no it was from posts made by some guy I can't remember his name. he used to do a "is this kinda famous but not particularly special fighter a top ten ATG?" posts

edit: it's stroker!
Yeah, it was me saying it in stokers threads.

you need to get out more
ah yes, no way someone could possibly take 5 minutes out of their day to search “Seano top 10 all time” on sherdog without being a basement dwelling neckbeard.

Highly. It’s nonsense to suggest he caught Eubank on the slide, he was on 43 fight undefeated streak FFS and didn’t loose to anyone not named Collins’s for another two years
I was a Eubank fan for many years and it was quite clear that he was not the same fighter after the Watson tragedy. You only have to look at all the decisions he went to after that. He even said it himself 'I lost my finishing instinct in the ring – I couldn't finish fights any more.' He was still a good fighter but he lost that killer instinct that really set him apart.

I was a Eubank fan for many years and it was quite clear that he was not the same fighter after the Watson tragedy. You only have to look at all the decisions he went to after that. He even said it himself 'I lost my finishing instinct in the ring – I couldn't finish fights any more.' He was still a good fighter but he lost that killer instinct that really set him apart.

It’s also worth mentioning that the KD Eubank scored in round 2 was crystal clear. Had it been counted for him as it should have, he would have won said round 10-8 instead of losing it 9-10 on all 3 cards, hence winning the split decision.

Last edited:
I rate him in that Beyer, Gator Mitchell kinda area.

The way he got inside Eubanks head with that hypnotist stuff was legendary.

Eubank was a master at playing games to sell fights of course, but I always got the feeling he was genuinely rattled by the idea of a Steve Collins who would feel no pain and never stop.

The way he got inside Eubanks head with that hypnotist stuff was legendary.

Eubank was a master at playing games to sell fights of course, but I always got the feeling he was genuinely rattled by the idea of a Steve Collins who would feel no pain and never stop.

Collins also played the race card to some extent, claiming he was an Irishman fighting for the Irish and asking Eubank why he did fight for the English as an African.

I’m not fond of such mind games but may have worked. Eubank mentioned it years later.

Back