How do you rate Dariusz Michalczewski ?

Hagler

Man of wealth and taste
@Gold
Reaction score
- Amateur Light-heavyweight European champion in 1991
- Competed as a professional from 1991 to 2005
- Holds a professional record of 48 wins (38 KO) and 2 losses (in his last 2 fights)
- Held the the WBA, IBF, WBOand lineal light-heavyweight titles between 1994 and 2003
- Held the the WBO junior-heavyweight title from 1994 to 1995
- Holds the record for the most consecutive successful world title defenses at light-heavyweight
- Holds wins agains light-heavyweight titlists Leeonzer Barber, Virgil Hill, Montel Griffin, Bruno Girard and Graciano Rocchigiani

Discuss.

Last edited:
- Holds a professional record of 48 wins (38 KO) and 2 losses (in his last 2 fights)
- Held the the WBA, IBF, WBOand lineal light-heavyweight titles between 1994 and 2003
- Holds the record for the most consecutive successful world title defenses at light-heavyweight
- Holds wins agains light-heavyweight titlists Leeonzer Barber, Virgil Hill, Montel Griffin, Bruno Girard and Graciano Rocchigiani

Discuss.

Wish he would've fought RJJ.

You have to turn off all the lights and type his name three times.

Embedding a picture of Joey Gamache.

s-l300.jpg

I loved watching him fight as a kid. He was one of the few fighters who got pushed by the german media in the 90s. Him and henry maske were probably my fav boxers around that time. But I dont really know how to rate him. I guess I have to rewatch some of his fights. But I think he is very underrated for sure.

Last edited:
I loved watching him fight as a kid. He was one of the few fighters who got pushed by the german media in the 90s. Him and henry maske were probably my fav boxers around that time. But I dont really know how to rate him. I guess I have to rewatch some of his fights. But I think he is very underrated for sure.
He fought as a kid?

DM in his prime was competitive with every other boxer of his time.

What really soured me to him was this farce he and his team played out versus Graciano. Rochigiani beat the breaks of Dariusz in their first fight by outpunching, outskilling him and DM relied on simulating being hurt after an illegal punch. It was a good left hook but he behaved like being hit with a hammer. Especially if you watch the footage Graciano had started with the punch before ref called a break and before he intervened.

Prime vs Prime Rochigiani is the better boxer and was worldclass. Rocchigiani also lost very controversial vs. Maske, won vs Nunn..etc and in my book won vs. a prime Eubanks. He could have been a title holder for years but never had a big promoter to back him up. Graciano with his style would imo have been very difficult to box for RJJ and I see that match up 50:50.

Discuss.
I am going to search out his fights and enjoy my popcorn.

Interestingly, I thought my Polish boxing knowledge was fairly decent but I realise he had his (pro) career in Germany (bar, one bout).
I absolutely recognise his face and at least one of his bouts but I had no idea of his accomplishments.

very good fighter, strong puncher with some nasty hooks. Would have lost to RJJ but probably would beat most (if not all) LHWs today.

Which biev do you think is beter?
It’s a 50-50 fight to me, very similar styles and build too, I can see Biev gutting out a late stoppage in a bloody war but I always found DM more entertaining

Reactions: JSN
Back