How do you rate Alexander Gustafsson among the best strikers at LHW...

Hendo, and Machida are still ranked higher in striking until Alexander proves other.

But I think he is #1.

Why is a fighter's chin appraised based on the man he's dropped by rather than the punch? Silly.

That said, I'd put Gus in the top 3-5 in regards to pure striking, though with the threat of the takedown from someone like Rashad, I wouldn't be surprised by him being outstruck by a 'lesser' striker.

Look at the great fighters Machida has faced and count how many times he has been dropped. Twice? In how many years of fighting top guys?

Is he elusive? Yes, but he also leaves his hands down a lot.

When there is discussion of the best chin in MMA, ALL of the guys on the list have been dropped. Except BJ (and maybe Hendo?).

My point is that Machida's chin should not be considered just average. It has been tested against top comp with excellent -- but not perfect -- results.

machidas chin is average at best... he doesnt react well to getting hit.

the fact that he doesnt get dropped by top comp is a testiment to his skill not his questionable chin

NUMBER 1
143ksk2.jpg

:D

Lol @ Machida being #1 LHW striker. He is not. He's probably the most unorthodox/diverse, but not the best. He got outstruck by Rampage for christs sake (u know the guy who cant check leg kicks), and the only meaningful strike he landed in that fight was that 4 punch combo flurry that stunned page. Need I remind you people of both Shogun fights?

I have Gustaff, Jones, Shogun, even Glover ahead of Machida striking wise.

After his last performance, he has to be up there with Lyoto and Jones; I feel those two are still ahead of Gustaffson at this point.

I hope he whoops Jones haha

Hendo has knocked out more top fighters than Gus ever will. That's what counts. KOs are the result of striking fool.

lets be real, Hendo is as much a technical striker as Rumble is a BJJ Wizard.

technically speaking, his striking needs improvement.
He leaves himself wide open anytime he strikes. That being said, his athleticism and strike selection are excellent making him functionally a good striker.

He's one of those guys in my opinion will get dropped hard and repetitively down the road if he doesn't make some adjustments.

At this point, Jones, Machida, and Shogun are the ones I have ahead of him in the striking department.

Look at the great fighters Machida has faced and count how many times he has been dropped. Twice? In how many years of fighting top guys?

Is he elusive? Yes, but he also leaves his hands down a lot.

When there is discussion of the best chin in MMA, ALL of the guys on the list have been dropped. Except BJ (and maybe Hendo?).

My point is that Machida's chin should not be considered just average. It has been tested against top comp with excellent -- but not perfect -- results.

Wand, Arona, Fedor, A. Silva all dropped Hendo, and that's off the top of my head.

Wand, Arona, Fedor, A. Silva all dropped Hendo, and that's off the top of my head.

Don't forget Carlos Newton like 3 seperate times and Feijao. Guy's been dropped a lot in his career, he just recovers very well.

At this point, Jones, Machida, and Shogun are the ones I have ahead of him in the striking department.

You put Shogun ahead when Alex outstriked him 128-51, two weeks ago?

Never understood the hype behind Gus. Machida, Jones, Mousasi, and probably even Hendo would all outstrike him, in my opinion.

He is a good fighter, one of the newer fighters who i am starting to like more and more. For MMA standards, his striking is very good. In actuality he is okay, He throws from the hip and his defense was terrible in the shogun fight. He has a good chin, ill give him that.

Back