How do you rank the lightweight elite?

Holloway never fought at LW before and seemed a lot smaller compared to Dustin so while that is a good win, I wouldn't even say it's a better win than Kevin Lee. Cerrone beat Alvarez. The only elite win Dustin has that I would say is absolutely better than any of Tony's elite wins (except RDA) is Gaethje.

Tony has wins over Castillo, Yves Edwards, Tibau, Thomson, Barboza... His resume at LW is undoubtedly better than Dustin's.
I respectfully disagree, Tony's resume is deeper and more extensive but the quality of Dustin's wins outweigh that in my opinion

Khabib
Tony
Dustin
Justin

Tony is still up there for me because of his previous long win streak, one bad loss should not negate that, and he needs to prove himself when he comes back against one of these contenders.

Justin needs to regain a win over Porier to overtake him. Justin still needs to get more wins to pass the others.

Conor, please gtfo whoever put him in the list with these great fighters.

Khabib
Tony
Dustin
Justin

Tony is still up there for me because of his previous long win streak, one bad loss should not negate that, and he needs to prove himself when he comes back against one of these contenders.

Justin needs to regain a win over Porier to overtake him. Justin still needs to get more wins to pass the others.

Conor, please gtfo whoever put him in the list with these great fighters.
Closet Conor Nuthugger detected

1 - Khabib
2 - Islam
3 - Dustin
4 - Justin
5 - Tony
6 - Conor

Even still don't think Islam deserves to be in there yet, give him a few years and he might get there but not now.

In a few years the rankings should reflect him there hopefully if he gets higher ranked opponents but I think he still has the skill.

In a few years the rankings should reflect him there hopefully if he gets higher ranked opponents but I think he still has the skill.
Yes and no he needs to wipe the floor with guys like Davi Ramos, not carefully outpoint them. For that and a few other reasons I think his skill isn't there yet.

Its a cluster fuck right now that Tony lost.

With Dustin beating Gaethje, Conor beating Dustin (albeit at 145), and Gaethje/ Tony....

Im not sure how to go about it, other than Khabib #1, and Gaethje #2 (he looked better than ever)??

I know for sure if Tony and Conor come and perform 100%, they'll cause trouble for anyone.... Tony making a 100% comeback is more likely as Conor still rich af
Dustin vs Tony would be good !

Khabib
Poirier
Gaethje
Tony
Charles Oliviera

Yes and no he needs to wipe the floor with guys like Davi Ramos, not carefully outpoint them. For that and a few other reasons I think his skill isn't there yet.

3rd round was a 10-8 though

Who cares, there's a few dudes on top, nothing to be discussed.

I've been saying this well before the loss Tony's resumé has a lot of the good ranked guys but no one that is an exceptional win. Dustin has Holloway, Alvarez, Gaethje and Pettis compared to Tony's RDA, Cowboy, Pettis and Lee
Tony also beat a prime Barboza when he was top 5ish and wrecked Josh Thomson when he was a top 10 guy coming off of TKO’s of Nate and close fight (maybe robbed) with Ben Henderson. Was originally supposed to fight for the title with Pettis. Maybe Dustin has some better names but Tony’s overall body of work (at 155) might be better.

1. Khabib
2. Doostin
3. Tony
4. Gaethje
5. Conor

- Khabib's undefeated and the current LW champ, and the lineal champ. So he's gotta be at number 1.
- Doostin's last 6 fights have been vs current, ex and future champs. Beat Pettis, Eddie, Gaethje and Max back to back and snagged a belt;
- Tony had the quantity, but the sport kept moving forward while he only had 1 fight per year. This loss to Gaethje sets him back now. Doostin is kind of edging him out cause of recency bias;
- Gaethje has beaten [to a pulp] everyone he's faced. Even in his losses. That 1st round streak combined with the Tony win and the interim title pushes him ahead;
- Conor's a weird one. If we're talking LWs, the dude is 1-1 in the division with the only victory being over a guy who's not in the division anymore. As a LW, I can't put him above these other guys. If we measured it as more of an open weight, all around list, he could go as high as number 1. But it's a LW list and he hasn't done more there than these other guys.

It's a tight race, though. Just one win or one loss can change the entire thing real quick.

Back