**** How do you like your steak? ****

No, that just means your cooking methods are limited.

Butter, Garlic, and Fresh Herbs disagree...

5032g8.jpg

Well that actually looks really nice and I so wish I could eat that right now. But I meant more when people cover steak in sauce.
If you cover anything in sauce....you taste the sauce and that's pretty much it.
It's like when you hear people say they like food with this super hot sauce....no, you like the super hot sauce, you're not even tasting what you're pouring it on!

No, that just means your cooking methods are limited.

Butter, Garlic, and Fresh Herbs disagree...

5032g8.jpg

Yeah baby! That's how I do it. For the longest time though I neglected to leave the steaks out prior to cooking to let them get to room temp first.

Medium
I was at outback after a similar thread to this and tried one well done . It was pretty disgusting.

Your first problem is you were at Outback, they kinda suck at cooking steak.

Medium for me, medium rare is ok as well but it tends to be somewhat cool in the middle and I don't care for that.

Unless I'm eating steak tar-tar and then raw.

Well that actually looks really nice and I so wish I could eat that right now. But I meant more when people cover steak in sauce.
If you cover anything in sauce....you taste the sauce and that's pretty much it.
It's like when you hear people say they like food with this super hot sauce....no, you like the super hot sauce, you're not even tasting what you're pouring it on!
I concur.

Yeah baby! That's how I do it. For the longest time though I neglected to leave the steaks out prior to cooking to let them get to room temp first.
Ya I'll throw mine on the counter about an hour before cooking if possible. I use the flip every minute on high heat method, then finish with the baste. If it's a thick cut I'll sear it off then throw it in the oven for a bit before basting. Gotta love cast iron.

I get mad when ppl put ketchup on steak

What about people that put steak on ketchup like my posts, #34 and #39 itt?

** SOME TEXTS REMOVED **

dqlws7.gif

Medium well and medium rare. Makes me want to eat some steak now!

fairyad.jpg

A picture of a man who likes his steak well done with super hot sauce on it.

Your first problem is you were at Outback, they kinda suck at cooking steak

Yeah I get that. Im not claiming they are some great steakhouse it's just local an I was there and figured id try a well done steak

Medium is prefect...

I'd choose closer to medium well over to medium rare however.

At a good steakhouse, medium. At a subpar place I'll go medium rare because they'll most likely overcook it a little.

I like my steak buried in some taco...

But, seriously, medium rare.

You well done types are peasants.

did I say how I like my steak? lol
but keep thinking that you are better than people who like their steak different from yours. I mean, if not steak then what else? :rolleyes:

Back