How do you like your eggs?

One of my favorite Korean dishes, too!

gaeranjim.jpg

This dish? Steamed eggs with water. Sometimes they use stock to flavor the egg instead of water.

Chica trying fancy shit up but missing the most basic ingredient - shrimp paste. Fish sauce instead of shrimp paste? Seriously, WTF?

I think I posted up my recipe a few weeks ago. Sometimes, I just microwave it as a shortcut when I'm in a hurry. Takes all of 2-3 minutes. Probably one of the quickest and fastest egg dishes you can make.

Unfortunately, I've developed a mild egg allergy over the years, so I have to limit my egg intake.

Chica trying fancy shit up but missing the most basic ingredient - shrimp paste. Fish sauce instead of shrimp paste? Seriously, WTF?

Haha, I didn't know what the fish flavored item was, but knew it was in there, so savory.

I like eggs a lot ways as long as they arent wet. Scrambled, over-hard, omelets, hard boiled on salads, egg sandwich, deviled eggs. No runny yolk for me.

poached.

benedict is nice, huevos divorcados is awesome too

over easy with adobo sprinkled on it. fuck that franks red hot, i put adobo on everything.

Haha, I didn't know what the fish flavored item was, but knew it was in there, so savory.

Yeah, it's this stuff:

making-kimchi-kimchee-recipe-3-1000x666.jpg

It can range in taste from mildly fishy and salty to absolutely putridly fermented.

Anyway, at its core, Korean steamed eggs are eggs + water + shrimp paste. Plus garnishings. The way that chica did it, with the broth instead of the water and sauce instead of the paste is totally non-standard. That's like using Texas toast or rye bread for a burger.

Sunny side up, dip my toast in the yolk, throw away the white part. I'm a weirdo.

Yeah, it's this stuff:

making-kimchi-kimchee-recipe-3-1000x666.jpg

It can range in taste from mildly fishy and salty to absolutely putridly fermented.

Anyway, at its core, Korean steamed eggs are eggs + water + shrimp paste. Plus garnishings. The way that chica did it, with the broth instead of the water and sauce instead of the paste is totally non-standard. That's like using Texas toast or rye bread for a burger.

Ooooooh, seh woo jeut! Yeah, I hate the kim chee with the really dank shrimp paste in it. Stuff can be hardcore.

One of my favorite things to do is put two eggs into ramen noodle soup and scramble it up in there. It changes everything about it. Eat the soup with some toast and you have a cheap and delicious meal.

One of my favorite things to do is put two eggs into ramen noodle soup and scramble it up in there. It changes everything about it. Eat the soup with some toast and you have a cheap and delicious meal.

That's one way to do it.

Another way to do it is to drop the eggs in without breaking the yolk, then basically let the ramen broth poach the egg while the noodles cook for the last minute. It'll continue to poach after you take it off the heat. Right before you eat, break the yolks (which should have slightly thickened but not cooked through) and you'll end up with a very rich, creamy broth that has a different taste and texture from the scramble.

Yet another way to do it is to really beat the eggs in a separate bowl and really aerate it. Then beat into the ramen in the last moment before you turn off the heat. Also a different texture from the egg drop scramble you mentioned.

That's one way to do it.

Another way to do it is to drop the eggs in without breaking the yolk, then basically let the ramen broth poach the egg while the noodles cook for the last minute. It'll continue to poach after you take it off the heat. Right before you eat, break the yolks (which should have slightly thickened but not cooked through) and you'll end up with a very rich, creamy broth that has a different taste and texture from the scramble.

Yet another way to do it is to really beat the eggs in a separate bowl and really aerate it. Then beat into the ramen in the last moment before you turn off the heat. Also a different texture from the egg drop scramble you mentioned.
Sounds great I might just try that! Unfortunately I made ramen with scrambled just before you posted this otherwise I would've been enjoying that tonight.

Korean steamed eggs look good though I wanna try that out for a change of pace because I'm getting tired of eggs lately. I saw a video recipe online and her eggs came out looking like a dessert custard.

Sounds great I might just try that! Unfortunately I made ramen with scrambled just before you posted this otherwise I would've been enjoying that tonight.

Korean steamed eggs look good though I wanna try that out for a change of pace because I'm getting tired of eggs lately. I saw a video recipe online and her eggs came out looking like a dessert custard.

Yeah, just watch out about those how-to Youtube videos for Korean food. A huge chunk of them aren't very authentic at all and are weird Korean-American variations that you wouldn't find in Korea.

Here is my basic recipe.

2 eggs
1 cup water
shrimp paste to taste (or salt if you don't have any, fish sauce would be acceptable as well)
handful of diced scallions

The above is really all you need. The following is just extras.

diced peppers
1 clove crushed garlic
dash sesame oil
dash of sesame seeds

Combine all in a big bowl, beat thoroughly with a whisk, the more aerated, the better. Pour in large microwave safe bowl and nuke for a few minutes till the center rises and/or is cooked through. Use a bigger bowl than you think you'll need as this dish expands. Pretty much comes out the consistency of custard.

If you want to do it on the stovetop, boil water separately in a nonstick saucepan/pot, then add all the other separately mixed and whisked ingredients to the boiling water.

Yeah, just watch out about those how-to Youtube videos for Korean food. A huge chunk of them aren't very authentic at all and are weird Korean-American variations that you wouldn't find in Korea.

Here is my basic recipe.

2 eggs
1 cup water
shrimp paste to taste (or salt if you don't have any, fish sauce would be acceptable as well)
handful of diced scallions

The above is really all you need. The following is just extras.

diced peppers
1 clove crushed garlic
dash sesame oil
dash of sesame seeds

Combine all in a big bowl, beat thoroughly with a whisk, the more aerated, the better. Pour in large microwave safe bowl and nuke for a few minutes till the center rises and/or is cooked through. Use a bigger bowl than you think you'll need as this dish expands. Pretty much comes out the consistency of custard.

If you want to do it on the stovetop, boil water separately in a nonstick saucepan/pot, then add all the other separately mixed and whisked ingredients to the boiling water.
Thanks for the advice my man. Sounds easy and delicious, just perfect for a groggy early breakfast.

This is what I watched and whatever she was doing looked great to me

Back