How do you have opponents back for 12 of 15 minutes...and lose???

I've seen some bad decisions, but that one was so bad it was laughable.

Apparently, taking your opponents back and attempting RNC's over and over is 'lay and pray' now?

That should not have gone to a third round. Stephens DOMINATED the grappling aspect of the fight and those weak elbows did NOT offset that.

Yea this is the worst decision I have ever seen by very wide margin I'm willing be bet this is the worst decision in mma history from major org.

I mean how can that 3rd round even score 9-9 he had like 3-4min backcontrol and he was still peppering him a lot at the end, what did the other guy do again remind me please cause I don't recall anything but like a few elbow which one was called illegal too.

Heck even ppl who hates lnp finds this decision to be unfair and bullshit. You really have to be really biased hater of that style to score it for the other guy.

There is something to be said through it seems the judging are against positional control without dmg now days so they need to at least do something ground and pound.

I was surprised at the outcome. But Ian did little to nothing on Zappatas back. It was so bad I wouldnt have been ypset with a stand up. The other thing that made me okay with it all in the end was I didnt think the elbows were illegal, especially the one that got him the point deduction

LMFAO at calling that domination. That was nowhere close to even being in the realm of domination. Effective grappling does not equal laying there while doing nothing. Having control like that doesn't count for much. Landing a number of effective strikes is worth more than a guy just laying there. Zapata had striking, aggressiveness, and defense while Stephens had grappling and control. The only thing Stephens was really effective at was making it a boring fight. Thank God you jabronis don't judge fights.

Is the OP a relative of Stephens or something? I don't understand all of his crying aside from being related to the guy.

Heck even ppl who hates lnp finds this decision to be unfair and bullshit. You really have to be really biased hater of that style to score it for the other guy.

Ummm, no. Typically I don't mind what many people consider LnP, but that was well beyond that. He did nothing. Don't give me that RNC attempt nonsense. Those were garbage. You should not be rewarded for doing nothing. You score points for control, but very little. Why in the hell should you score much for doing nothing? Throw some strikes or at least make decent attempts at submissions. Just don't lay there and do nothing. It should have been stood up, but for some reason the refs are always very lenient on TUF. They allow fighters to just lay there doing nothing for a long time on the show. The only biased people are the weirdos somehow calling that domination.

soooo Zapata got a 10-8 round 3 before the point deduction?

HOW IN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?

p4p the absolute worst judging in the history of MMA

What a joke the UFC is becoming. TUF just had new episode. Grappler just absolutely dominated his opponent. Had is back for probably 12 of 15 minutes, and truly shouldn't have even had a 3rd round. He was never in any serious danger, AT ALL, during the fight. Only damage was from an illegal elbow.

How do you dominate an opponent for 15 minutes, have his back for 12 and attempting chokes during the whole thing....and never once find yourself in a situation where you could possibly lose the fight in progress........

And lose?

Guess it was Dana Whites explanation of "good for the judges" for screwing the wrestler, and the classic after the fight "I hate guys that just wrestle".

UFC is now glorified K-1. What a joke.

The real question is how do you have your opponent's back for 80% of the fight and not finish our throw a million strikes to your opponent's head???

Dana whites entire career is about how shitty judging is in mma

and the worst decision of mma he actually agrees with the judges and the method that they did it

it should have gone to a round 4...how is that seriously the way they pick a winner

Zapata did land some shots, but was defending the whole time. I was surprised the fight even went to the third round.

If the guy who got robbed wasn't a wrestler Dana would be overruling the judges and keeping him in the tournament. Has to be the worst decision of all time in the UFC.

LMFAO at calling that domination. That was nowhere close to even being in the realm of domination. Effective grappling does not equal laying there while doing nothing. Having control like that doesn't count for much. Landing a number of effective strikes is worth more than a guy just laying there. Zapata had striking, aggressiveness, and defense while Stephens had grappling and control. The only thing Stephens was really effective at was making it a boring fight. Thank God you jabronis don't judge fights.

Is the OP a relative of Stephens or something? I don't understand all of his crying aside from being related to the guy.

Ummm, no. Typically I don't mind what many people consider LnP, but that was well beyond that. He did nothing. Don't give me that RNC attempt nonsense. Those were garbage. You should not be rewarded for doing nothing. You score points for control, but very little. Why in the hell should you score much for doing nothing? Throw some strikes or at least make decent attempts at submissions. Just don't lay there and do nothing. It should have been stood up, but for some reason the refs are always very lenient on TUF. They allow fighters to just lay there doing nothing for a long time on the show. The only biased people are the weirdos somehow calling that domination.

I didn't call it domination first of all. You got to judge round by round and I was saying there is no way that guy won the 3rd round.
Yes he was doing nothing the first two but I'm talking about the last round he was throwing quite a few punches at the end sure not much dmg but his opponent did like nothing that round all the blood/dmg were from the round before or the illegal elbow they don't count in 3rd man. Sure even if you score control as little points ,control works as a function of time with how long he controlled those still would mount to more points he the very few clinch strikes(clinch strikes worth very little also) his opponent did.

Also if you actually watched enough mma(major org.) you should know that back control = never gets stood up regardless of the situation. Now you can argue against that but I'm just telling you thats how it works and there is a reason for that because in that position its almost impossible for your opponent to do real dmg.

Ofcourse I agree they should throw more punches and these type of wrestler are too inactive and should adjust their style they almost have like no intention of doing dmg which is the original reason for scoring points for control. But that 3rd round he should still won that round if you weigh both sides with unbiased view and at most(if I watch that round again trying real hard to give Zappatas points) it's a draw which he would have won with point deduction. There is a reason everyone including bj's team thought that he should won even dana who is super hater of this style had to massage his comment saying he probably should have won on the score card.

Once again I'm only focusing on the 3rd round and you are definitely letting the first two lnp rounds effect you emotionally creating negative bias towards the wrestler blinding you to see he clearly should have won the 3rd.

Also wanted to add look at the comments how many ppl think it's bs decision and this is sherdog which usually absolute hate lnp style. This further shows just how messed up this decision is.

No, Im not. Im in shock a bit......the show has been over for 28 minutes, so I'm commenting.

If I'm still talking about it in a week, that would be bitter.

But its disappointing how far UFC is going to get grappling out of it's sport.

You're taking things too far. All Dana wants to see is some damage done. He doesn't discourage grappling per se.

You're taking things too far. All Dana wants to see is some damage done. He doesn't discourage grappling per se.

He was discouraging wrestle fucking. I don't think the wf'er knows how to submit?

If what the TS says is true, then that's ridiculous.

I dont think Dana hates wrestling, he just doesnt like boring wrestling, his human blanket argument was correct, they could have went 5 rounds and it would probably be the same thing

Same thing as the the fight a couple weeks ago, guy on top cant do anything, thats not winning an actual fight although it may win an MMA fight.

Neither one of these guys looked ready for prime time so who cares?

I thought the right guy won but it was terrible officiating.

All in all its a gigantic "who cares?", neither guy is going to be the Ultimate Fighter, I think Ronda could beat either one while eating soup with chopsticks.

Back