How do you harden shins

Shoob**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hey everyone its shoob again, i talked to my dad and he wont let me get a heavy bag because it will pull down the roof because it is too heavy :icon_neut...

So is there other ways to strengthen legs most importantly your shin, any alternatives to kick to form micro fractures? I heard of a technique using a glass bottle like a coke bottle to smash it on your shin, creating hard surfaces, does that work? or is it just as damaging as it sounds because im willing to get lots of coke bottles if it works thanks

oh jesus dont use a coke bottle use a bamboo stick or something and do that about 20 mins a day that'l kill of the nerves and help thicken the skin

oh jesus dont use a coke bottle use a bamboo stick or something and do that about 20 mins a day that'l kill of the nerves and help thicken the skin

how would i break a bamboo stick over my shin thats way harder

Join a gym and kick their heavy bag. You could purchase Thai pads and get a friend to hold them for you. Maybe you can convince your Dad to get a free-standing bag. They're aren't as good as a hanging one but it's a good compromise.

how would i break a bamboo stick over my shin thats way harder

i wasnt asking you to break it just hit your shins repeatedly with a fair amount of force not to hard because it wont happen over night

Join a gym and kick their heavy bag. You could purchase Thai pads and get a friend to hold them for you. Maybe you can convince your Dad to get a free-standing bag. They're aren't as good as a hanging one but it's a good compromise.

yh thats probably a bit safer than my idea

Lol Coke bottle is a very bad idea, youll end up cutting your legs all up.

lots of heavy bag work over a long period of time, nothing will replace that
you can go through heavier bags progressively
don't go kicking trees or hitting your shins with baseball bats and stuff. i know that those methods can work but I still wouldn't recommend them, especially if you do it on your own, you'll most likely just injure yourself and could even weaken your shins in the process

Don't roll your shins, as this will only deaden the nerves and not thicken the bone. You're going to have to kick stuff - start with something soft (like a woman), then go on to a heavy bag, and then work up nuclear submarines and blocks of iron.

umm okay ahahahaha... can i seriously eventually kick iron

Your gym should have heavy bags with different levels of hardness. Start with the medium-hard bags and do a ton of kicks for each leg (this also obviously doubles as cardio and technique training to some degree). Occasionally work up to the hardest bag, start out with light to moderate strength kicks, and keep going up.

Start kicking things at 6. The best way to have steel like bones.

Might I suggest that, besides kicking various inanimate (and/or animate!) objects, high-intensity weight training (using weight-baring exercises; e.g. squat, DL and the olympic lifts), proper nutrition and adequate rest is optimal for increased bone density of the tibia?

Might I suggest that, besides kicking various inanimate (and/or animate!) objects, high-intensity weight training (with weiht-baring exercises; primarily squat, DL and the olympic lifts), proper nutrition and adequate rest is optimal for increased bone density of the tibia?

Do you think that would make a noticeable difference?

I'm not saying he shouldn't lift (cause of the other obvious benefits), but I don't think it's a very direct route to strengthening/hardening the shin bones.

This entire thread is dumb though. OP sounds like a complete beginner, and he should be worrying about other things.

Do you think that would make a noticeable difference?

I'm not saying he shouldn't lift (cause of the other obvious benefits), but I don't think it's a very direct route to strengthening/hardening the shin bones.

This entire thread is dumb though. OP sounds like a complete beginner, and he should be worrying about other things.

It depends what you mean by "harder shins". If you mean that you feel no pain when you kick somebody/something, then obviously no.

If however you refer to how rigid the shin bone is, and how hard it is to break, then you are talking about bone mineral density, collagen content and bone geometry. I am not aware of any studies examining how kicking a heavy bag (or other objects) affects those factors, so I cannot comment on that. I am aware of a number of studies indicating that weight training, using weight-baring exercises (not knee extensions), high intensity (using heavy weight), and heavy strain rates (e.g. oly lifts or plyo training), affects those factors optimally.

Same follows for nutrition (how can you expect to affect the mineral or collagen content if your diet doesn't provide enough "resources") and rest (hormonal factors affecting connective tissue growth and remodeling).

Last edited:
I'm just saying 5 years of heavy lifting, even if it does increase bone density, won't be noticeable to the guy making the kicks.

It depends what you mean by "harder shins". If you mean that you feel no pain when you kick somebody/something, then obviously no.

If however you refer to how rigid the shin bone is, and how hard it is to break, then you are talking about bone mineral density, collagen content and bone geometry. I am not aware of any studies examining how kicking a heavy bag (or other objects) affects those factors, so I cannot comment on that. I am aware of a number of studies indicating that weight training, using weight-baring exercises (not knee extensions), high intensity (using heavy weight), and heavy strain rates (e.g. oly lifts or plyo training), affects those factors optimally.

Same follows for nutrition (how can you expect to affect the mineral or collagen content if your diet doesn't provide enough "resources") and rest (hormonal factors affecting connective tissue growth and remodeling).

its called wollfs therum

I'm just saying 5 years of heavy lifting, even if it does increase bone density, won't be noticeable to the guy making the kicks.

I agree, 5 years of heavy lifting won't be noticeable to the guy. But then again, I don't see your point since injury prevention is not something immediately noticeable, it is rather the absence of things you might notice! Not suffering a bone edema, or a stress fracture is not something noticeable.

On the other hand, I can see how feeling less pain is noticeable, but that doesn't necessarily mean your shin bones are stronger. Deadening your nerves without strengthening your shin bones might result in you kicking harder for a longer time which might increase the risk of injury.

its called wollfs therum

I am sorry but I can't follow your point either. Wollf's theorem is a perfectly logical assumption but not a proven fact unless supported by scientific evidence. That is why I am talking about the absence of specific studies.

I can see however scientific evidence for the notion that an appropriate strength training routine can promote an anabolic environment (testosterone/cortisol ratio) which may induce increases in connective tissue mass. Kicking the heavy bag would most definitely be less effective in this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back