How do you handle crappy supervisors?

Have sex with them and make their wife watch to establish dominance

That'll teach them to making your job harder than it should be

Keep documentation, do a good job, avoid the urges to express your anger in ways that could get you into trouble. In my roughneck days I'd just swear at them, loudly, while explaining the issue.

I like to mirror their behavior. They're micromanaging, I micromanage them and keep track of their mistakes and remind them of it. They get hostile, I get hostile - if it escalates it's on them, they're the manager. They're chill, I'm chill. The moderately intelligent ones learn, the dumb ones (or reckless assholes) don't but you get the pleasure of causing them discomfort for their trifles. The key to this, though, is that you have to be fair and give them a chance to correct themselves and you have to be a good employee and be right or you have no leverage. If they're going to make you uncomfortable may as well return the favor so they feel as though any slip up could or will come back on them.

...Or just get the fuck outta there

This is the problem at my job. They hire anyone with a pulse. If you're gonna hire literally anyone then you gotta have a strict probationary period and get the lazy fucks out FAST. Or they eat your business from the inside out.

Crazy thing is were entry level no training required, starting at close to 17 an hour. We should be in the driver's seat in terms or hiring.

Just badly ran companies who are focused on one thing.. Profit..
They normally have terrible managers and high turn around of staff... I have worked for companies like this, its weird because other companies within the same industry can get it right, pay well and keep staff..
Its all down to having the correct ethic.

Threaten him with physical & psychological pain and violence

Just badly ran companies who are focused on one thing.. Profit..
They normally have terrible managers and high turn around of staff... I have worked for companies like this, its weird because other companies within the same industry can get it right, pay well and keep staff..
Its all down to having the correct ethic.
All they care about is numbers. Not understanding that if you give a lazy idiot a quota and don't supervise him, he'll hit those numbers by cutting every corner he can and flat out ignoring the rules.

Which just fucks over the rest us.

All they care about is numbers. Not understanding that if you give a lazy idiot a quota and don't supervise him, he'll hit those numbers by cutting every corner he can and flat out ignoring the rules.

Which just fucks over the rest us.

Sure.

Having realism in numbers is important, i understand having targets etc .. But sometime if the balance is off it can be demoralizing for staff to hit unreasonable targets .. And stressful leading to what your talking about.

Decided I'm going to switch to PT once I've renewed my lease. Not because of this guy, but because I'm teethering on the edge with this continued overnight shift. My body and mind has never been so out of sorts.

Back