How do you handle crappy supervisors?

Within reason, Don't take anything personal. My boss is pretty tough to deal with but at the end of the day he is good at his job. The people he gives the most hell he relies on the most and knows we can handle it. So it's a matter of being mature and also not being afraid to voice your opinion and argue a little bit. There are ways to get your point across without threatening to quit or jeopardizing yourself.

Honestly though, my boss might be a lot different than yours. He does make me a better employee though. And sometimes I want to choke him with a guillotine,but most of the time i understand the job at hand and do my best.

Back when I had them, I WOULD ANONOMOUSLY CREATE CHAOS TO MAKE THEM MISERABLE. It was so fun. I would unplug time clock. Take a can of Coke , pour it on his desk, and lightly wipe it dry. I would put a short cord on his desk phone. Put smelly food in the bottom of his garbage can. Change one letter on his computer keyboard. Pour water on his seat. He never knew it was me, I took such joy.
Another good one is the cloth rubbed on poison oak obviously with you wearing gloves and wiped on their phone and keyboard.

How do you know you're not a crap employee?
I had this entitled shit working for me who clearly thought I was an ass. But he had no idea how to do his job, many of the tasks he simply didn't want to do, and when he worked he was slow as molasses on a cold winter day. I watched him like a hawk and rode his ass. He eventually quit.

You try doing a job well when some cunt is watching you.

Three things I've done in the past.
1) Find a line in the sand and keep it. Don't announce it but keep it sacred. was working for a car service and the guy running the jobs would never say no to a job and call his more agreeable and eager guys (of which I absolutely was one) and I was getting to the point I was sleep deprived. Had no jobs one day and was going to sleep. I turn off the ringer on my phone (though I swear, I could tell anyway.) He calls five times in twenty minutes and then starts calling my wife, telling her to wake me up. Nope. She's not a part of this. Drove to his house. Told him not to call me the rest of the day and not to call my wife ever about driving jobs. Dude lives to argue, debate, and pressure sell. He did not attempt to do so.

2) Read up on supervision tactics and philosophy. Recognize what they're trying to get out of you and respond with what will actually work in getting you there. They may recognize the same stuff that they're reading is already in your mindset and act accordingly.

3) Document everything. Anytime someone is overstepping, or asking you to do too much, the wrong thing, or anything out of policy, get it in writing, an email, or have someone trustworthy nearby to corroborate your version of events. Had a lieutenant that liked imposing his will on reality and having grunt cops do the reports or change them on his orders. One of the guys he did this to, turned a five paragraph arrest report into three-and-a-half pages to outline how the boss was fucking it up. He wanted no blow back on himself for that clusterfuck and rightly so. Pissed off the boss but he steered clear until he was indicted for a similar but far more serious incident.

I just keep my head down and work and avoid them. Management at my company are some lazy fucking idiots though. It's infuriating.

I bitch and complain a little too much and I know it gets back to them, but I'm a beast and I think that gets me MINOR additional leeway. My job has insane turnover too, so at this point I'm the best person in my area on my entire shift.

They're easy enough to avoid here, but the working conditions are completely fucked up and there is just zero leadership. You can expect to be blown off with a non answer most times. And when they propose an actual solution to a problem, it's so dumb you just have to laugh. And they never stop changing things, seemingly without considering how those changes impact the job site. I work in a busy warehouse, and sometimes I'm kinda surprised nobodies been crushed by a forklift yet.

Another good one is the cloth rubbed on poison oak obviously with you wearing gloves and wiped on their phone and keyboard.
Another favorite is, if they leave their computer unlocked, take a screenshot of their desktop. Then hide their icons and make the screenshot you took their desktop background.

Or you could just rape them.

Do your job. Put your head down and grind out your job and go home at the end of the day. There are bad supervisors everywhere.

Perhaps if the afore mentioned cunt was doing his job correctly, this cunt wouldn't have to watch him?

See how this becomes a circular thing .. How about training this cunt to do the job properly? Or better still have a decent recruitment policy that doesnt recruit cunts in the first place .. Thus saving valuable resources. . are you sure you run a company?

See how this becomes a circular thing .. How about training this cunt to do the job properly? Or better still have a decent recruitment policy that doesnt recruit cunts in the first place .. Thus saving valuable resources. . are you sure you run a company?
Your argument may be circular, but mine is right to the point. We hired this cunt to be a mechanic. During the course of the interview he claimed proficiency in a great many things, including proficiency in mechanical systems. We explained this was a hands on job. However this cunt preferred to sit in his office and 'work' on the computer. And no matter how many times I showed the cunt how to use tools or fix shit, he really wasn't interested in manual work.
Quite frankly I find it alarming to just how many people who look at physical work to be something beneath them. Perhaps this might be something associated to the Bachelor's degree crowd? I find my PHDs to be willing to jump in to mechanical repairs.

BTW. As the result of the bad hire we have changed our interview process. Instead of the 'tell me a little about yourself' approach we now use a competency based interview process. I'm going to ask you a series of hard questions to find out how much you really know.

Your argument may be circular, but mine is right to the point. We hired this cunt to be a mechanic. During the course of the interview he claimed proficiency in a great many things, including proficiency in mechanical systems. We explained this was a hands on job. However this cunt preferred to sit in his office and 'work' on the computer. And no matter how many times I showed the cunt how to use tools or fix shit, he really wasn't interested in manual work.
Quite frankly I find it alarming to just how many people who look at physical work to be something beneath them. Perhaps this might be something associated to the Bachelor's degree crowd? I find my PHDs to be willing to jump in to mechanical repairs.

BTW. As the result of the bad hire we have changed our interview process. Instead of the 'tell me a little about yourself' approach we now use a competency based interview process. I'm going to ask you a series of hard questions to find out how much you really know.

Well at least something good came of this cunts dire attitude to hard labour..
Goodtimes indeed .

As a supervisor, I’d say that shitty supervisors are probably 50/50 with shitty employees. Sure, there’s lots of people who if they have an ounce of power, they’ll think they’re God. But a lot of times the people working under them dislike them out of jealousy, disrespect for authority, or some other reason.

Can confirm

What do you mean by crappy supervisors? If theyre legit on your ass because youre fucking up then politely extreme ownership it and do better.

If theyre douchey nitpickers a scornful soul piercing glare with nothing more said than "mmhm, ok, yeah" can work wonders. GL.

Lol some of you guys sound like the shittiest employees and will forever be complaining about your supervisor until you retire.

If I actually take the TS complaint at face value, I would document EVERYTHING. Even after you have an in person conversation, send an email summary outlining the convo and make sure they reply and don’t start your task until they do.

I would also have a man to man talk, these do wonders, as at the end of the day, people are people. Which is why I hate managing people in other Provinces who I’ll never see, as to them I’m some prick who basically doesn’t exist outside of a computer.

There are shitty supervisors and employees at every job, but maybe take a look at yourself to see if/why you’re the common denominator in many issues. I’m sure the people who I’ve fired for time theft and sleeping on the job are also complaining about me being a POS on a forum somewhere.

We had to change our process to actual skill based questions as well (thank god), as it’s so damn easy to lie on applications and the HR people are beyond lazy when they conduct reference checks, especially when the applicant just gets a buddy as a reference.

I have read 75 pages of a book today and I'm not even halfway through my 8.5 hours. I have many tips on how not to work while getting paid. Hell I once worked a 13 hour shift and finished a whole 200+ page thriller. Got time and a half and everything.
Do you work in IT? I have a friend who spends a lot of time playing xbox and sleeping in an IT job.

This is the problem at my job. They hire anyone with a pulse. If you're gonna hire literally anyone then you gotta have a strict probationary period and get the lazy fucks out FAST. Or they eat your business from the inside out.

Crazy thing is were entry level no training required, starting at close to 17 an hour. We should be in the driver's seat in terms or hiring.

Back