How do you handle crappy supervisors?

I've had this happen twice in my life and this is what I did:

1 - took her job when she announced she was moving to get married
2 - quit and started my own business

I've historically had less problems with supervisors than nerdy, clicky co-workers who can't stand normal happiness who have to try to bring me down to their level. Supervisors wanted production, and that was my focus, so although I had ONE that was the worst because he was the type to need everybody to be his buddy, and I wasn't, I generally get along ok with the bosses.. I have had multiple issues with co-workers.

absolutely lose my shit and make them backtrack on anything they said/did

I'm the top dog in our company, hands down, not blowing my self off, just facts (there are only 5 of us, it's not a tough claim)

Today I have been drawing Jon Jones faces in MS Paint, I am basically a paid MS Paint artist at this point

I also do a lot of 80's movie posters recreated in MS Paint, just because why not?
jgfzdJj.png
Did you take a tutorial on using MS Paint or did it just come naturally to you? That looks great. Every time i try to use it, it looks like a 6 year old tried making something while riding a school bus down a bumpy road.

I've had a few and just tried to tough it out. Looking back, I wish in each case that I'd just have found another job and quit. Trying to tough it out just wasn't worth the toll on my mental health.

In both cases, the resultant stall in development of my professional skills and advancing work experience actually ended up costing me more money in the long run than if I'd just quit without even another job lined up. The toll on things like relationships (being mad at work all day every day makes you an asshole when you get off work) and other areas of my life (hard to make it to the gym when you're exhausted from fuming with anger) wasn't worth it either.

Last edited:
I know you don’t want to hear this, but changing jobs is really the best way.

It’s either that, or you just play the role of the good employee. Just make sure you get everything g they ask you to do in writing so they can’t back out and say they did not ask you to do it later. And you just wait for them to hang themselves, metaphorically or literally.

Collected shit on him for like six months
V
Became buddies with people above him/same level who already disliked him
V
Asked my lawyer friend possible scenarios of i go to war and shit escalate into legal stuff
V
I asked gently changed, "it's not so easy :) " they said
V
Started shitstorm
V
Company gave me a great job in another position i asked for, with people i like.
Former superior got huge break on career run, high level buddies keep using my case as proof he's a douchebag, he may not last long

<DC-Champ>

Best part he can't even counter shit, worst thing i did is fuck some girls of the company and everybody already know, place is like a fucking reality show

Cliffs:
-prepare a weapon
-get allies that have something to gain
-prepare/accept worst scenario
-fill with uppercuts
-be sure your guard is solid to deny douche's puncher chance comeback

Last edited:
Did you take a tutorial on using MS Paint or did it just come naturally to you? That looks great. Every time i try to use it, it looks like a 6 year old tried making something while riding a school bus down a bumpy road.
Man that took years of having no life and trying to keep up with people like @TigerUpperKut & @Empty Emp in the old MS Paint threads.
If you've never seen them check these threads out, some of the work has disappeared but some is also amazing (amazingly bad yet hilarious or amazingly good)

I think the point of MS Paint is that everyone draws like a retarded 6 yeard old!

Part one was lost in the ether
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...story-recreated-in-ms-paint-part-two.1147631/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...tory-recreated-in-ms-paint-part-four.2946375/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...tory-recreated-in-ms-paint-part-five.3002265/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...story-recreated-in-ms-paint-part-six.3216023/

You just have to suck it up there are so many idiots out there

Tocalos con el jeb.

Go to his apartment and tell him that violence will happen soon.

Might have been involved in a situation like this

Is your supervisor treating you unfairly? Is he/she an idiot?

You could always file a case with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Some black guy once accused me of racism over nothing and got me fired. I called the EEOC, and unfortunately the bitch I spoke to wouldn’t help me.

They might help you though.

change job, deparment, or start your own business

otherwise suck it up, most of us have to, I'm guessing a lot of us work for fuckwits and most of us want to be somewhere else

Fuck it, I need the money right now, not motivated enough to do my own thing, so I work with & for cunts

Thanks. I needed to hear this.

I always focused on doing my job and doing it well. If a boss has ever tried to meddle with that formula, I could always tell they weren’t gonna be around long. If they provided constructive input on the work, displayed clear understanding of what we’re trying to accomplish and gave feedback that genuinely improved the quality of my work, but I had some personality clash with them, I would do as they requested and find another job.

I never wasted much time on dispute, I either recognized that I could ignore their input, or recognized that I couldn’t, and acted accordingly. It’s just work, you don’t need to take anything personally. You don’t know everything, so be open minded, but if it’s torture even interacting with your boss, but they’re not incompetent to the point that they’ll be fired, you should probably start planning an exit.

well put. It’s important to put things into context.

I dont take shit off nobody. That helps. I do my job and thats it. If you let them think they can push you around they will,every day.

Back when I had them, I WOULD ANONOMOUSLY CREATE CHAOS TO MAKE THEM MISERABLE. It was so fun. I would unplug time clock. Take a can of Coke , pour it on his desk, and lightly wipe it dry. I would put a short cord on his desk phone. Put smelly food in the bottom of his garbage can. Change one letter on his computer keyboard. Pour water on his seat. He never knew it was me, I took such joy.

Back