1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

How do you handle crappy supervisors?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by SugarKrok, Feb 6, 2020.

1. SugarKrok Brown Belt

Besides changing jobs, deparments, or starting your own business?

2. Damien Karras Mirabile dictu, don't you agree?

File a sexual harrassment suit against them

3. elreece Black Belt

give them a brojob every day before work.

4. Fatality Brown Belt

Touch them with the jab

5. HUGHPHUG ALL CAPS YO

change job, deparment, or start your own business

otherwise suck it up, most of us have to, I'm guessing a lot of us work for fuckwits and most of us want to be somewhere else

Fuck it, I need the money right now, not motivated enough to do my own thing, so I work with & for cunts

6. SugarKrok Brown Belt

That's too much reality for me. I want a better answer. Something like throwing a banana peel to make him trio.

7. HUGHPHUG ALL CAPS YO

Pretend it's 1987 and your supervisor is homeless

set him on fire

<seedat>

8. MusclesMarinara Friends with Bigfoot

How do you know you're not a crap employee?
    I had this entitled shit working for me who clearly thought I was an ass. But he had no idea how to do his job, many of the tasks he simply didn't want to do, and when he worked he was slow as molasses on a cold winter day. I watched him like a hawk and rode his ass. He eventually quit.

9. Da Speeit Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    Literally just do what they say and keep documentation of everything. It might not make your job easier and it may stress you out and be exhausting, but it will give you a lot of leverage.

10. SalvadorAllende Steel Belt

You need to give us more information

@Red Beard and the #workMOBtactics crew will help you.. but you need to be specific.

Remember, you are talking with a guy who say the first half season of You yesterday at the office and is still regarded as a good employee.

11. Dober4 Banned Banned

We had a guy like that you scepter for some reason the supervisor showed favoritism towards him. Eventually the other employees and managers monitored his work and fired him giving me his shift. Funny thing is I asked for his shift the first time he got fired but the supervisor took him back as a temp and gave him his old shift back.

After the manager realized I could replace him and do a much better job they offered it to me, too little too late I already found a new job.

12. closequarters Brown Belt

Depends on why they are crappy.

13. PG29 red0 Jr Brown Belt

Explain what the issue is so I can make a more informed suggestion.

14. LHWBelt Gold Belt

I have read 75 pages of a book today and I'm not even halfway through my 8.5 hours. I have many tips on how not to work while getting paid. Hell I once worked a 13 hour shift and finished a whole 200+ page thriller. Got time and a half and everything.

15. SalvadorAllende Steel Belt

<DCrying>
    My long lost brother.

16. JOE QUEEF Red Belt Platinum Member

17. LHWBelt Gold Belt

They regard me as a good employee too. I've denied numerous requests to coach new folks because it's only an extra grand a year and would way cut into my free time. My bonus is always way more than that and I work a shit ton of overtime anyways so I'm like that's just not worth actually working and teaching people the correct way of doing things. I get shit done right when I got to but I dont do it by the book.

18. SugarKrok Brown Belt

Metrics and observing others in the same position. I'm middle of the pack. Not too good and not too bad. Just the way I like it. Edit: low top of pack, if left to do things my way, which was the case until this newb.

19. drstrangelov Hey.

I always focused on doing my job and doing it well. If a boss has ever tried to meddle with that formula, I could always tell they weren’t gonna be around long. If they provided constructive input on the work, displayed clear understanding of what we’re trying to accomplish and gave feedback that genuinely improved the quality of my work, but I had some personality clash with them, I would do as they requested and find another job.

I never wasted much time on dispute, I either recognized that I could ignore their input, or recognized that I couldn’t, and acted accordingly. It’s just work, you don’t need to take anything personally. You don’t know everything, so be open minded, but if it’s torture even interacting with your boss, but they’re not incompetent to the point that they’ll be fired, you should probably start planning an exit.

20. Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

I work construction so I usualy brew on it for a couple of weeks and do less and less work untill I loose my shit and tell them to go fuck them self