How do you guys feel about this technique being used during rolling?

In a real fight I would fish hook the fuck out of someone to sink the RNC

^ And that's coming from a guy who came up in one of the toughest BJJ schools in the U.S.

Know this: There are guys out there who dont mind you doing this (me), but when you do shit like that, expect the feel of the roll to drastically change. When people do that to me, they are getting it put back on them hard as fuck.

That's just the thing, that's what I want. Tonight when we started rolling I executed on arm drag sweep on my partner & I could tell he gave it to me. I stopped & asked him to come at me like he would if he were in the cage

Last edited:
Well, seems like you didnt need to start this thread if you knew the answer.

I dont mind people using these things with me, they are angry beginner level tricks, just saying that your technique might need more work than you think if thats how you set up a choke.

I dont recall seeing a high level grappler using this consistantly.

In the end, do what makes you happy.

Rickson Gracie.

& I do what is effective

I will activate my destroy mode if someone does that to me during training.

If a top competitor and a Ralph Gracie BB says this, you know it's a dirty move.
Honestly, I don't see the need for it. The Marcelo forehead pull works just as well with no pain caused.

Yeah, but if the guy was able to take your back and then choke you, he can probably hang just fine

Sure. But there are many times in practice where either I let people take my back or they start there in positional rolls. Most other browns and blacks are not face cranking me in practice. If they do, I give it back and do not complain. Most purples and below are not going to be physically tougher or more aggressive than I am. When they face crank me, any shred of politeness is gone; Im going to give it back to them way worse than they are physically possible of doing to me.

Rickson Gracie.

& I do what is effective

Sure, show me videos of Rickson using it consistantly in jiujitsu sparring...

Vale tudo and street is something else, i would just elbow the back of the head until the guy begs me to choke him.

Hows that for effectiveness?

Bjj sparring is about technique, not "streetz fighting"

It's not a move I would use. Working on the Marcelo neck opening techniques - grabbing forehead, and rocking your wrist under their chin to open up the space

Sure. But there are many times in practice where either I let people take my back or they start there in positional rolls. Most other browns and blacks are not face cranking me in practice. If they do, I give it back and do not complain. Most purples and below are not going to be physically tougher or more aggressive than I am. When they face crank me, any shred of politeness is gone; Im going to give it back to them way worse than they are physically possible of doing to me.

Yeah, I wasn't calling you out specifically just see a lot of guys threatening to go hard on guys who apparently can hold their own.

And it seems that you agree with me that you can only get revenge if their skill level is lower than your own. There's a blackbelt I used to train with that loves to stink palm from back control. I couldn't do shit about it, because even if I cranked it up I was still getting owned and stink palmed.

Back