Media How do you go from the King of Split Decisions to the Landlord of the Shadow Realm?

Well Done?

• Total voters
I think it's pretty obviously a Yu Gi Oh reference.

I'm sure many people have seen this gif:

tenor.gif

Which is from Yu Gi Oh and is used when people are talking about the "Shadow Realm"

Just like the meme "You've activated my trap (card)" is a Yu Gi Oh reference although I'm sure that phrase has been used many years prior to Yu Gi Oh existing it's still something that nowadays often times comes from that meme.

The terms are probably popular enough to where some people may be saying it without knowing about Yu Gi Oh but I think it's pretty clear that it initially become a thing in pop culture due to Yu Gi Oh

What the flying fuck?

Yu gi oh is 25 years old?

Thought it was like 15 lmao.

There are something like ten of them now. It's been around a while.

If it helps, think of it as contemporary to Pokemon. And that's been around for forever, of course.

LMAO .... someone will get a 2 piece with a soda for the “king of sd” line.

Was put onto this by an anonymous source:

61U57QgbpAL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

But that doesn't change the fact that the term was popularized by Yu-Gi-Oh!

It also means something different in this context. Shadow realm in Yu-Gi-Oh is the equivalent of hell. In this comic it's just a LOTR style world.

Shadow and realm are pretty generic fantasy words

Two consecutive knockouts = ‘Landlord of the Shadow Realm’?

Lmao you said "people don't read books anymore" because Yu Gi Oh basically came up with the term shadow realm then you mention an adventure book and D&D . Face it you've boxed yourself into a corner your post was stupid , stop judging other generations so much .
Are you high, son?

What I said was factually correct. You and Ares can have a good ol' circle jerk for all I care, though.

https://www.abebooks.com/products/isbn/9780615250236/11220750486&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-PLP4

https://www.abebooks.com/products/isbn/9780786948635/30173281086&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-PLP8

Tolkein called his version The Realm of Shadows in The Silmarillion back in 1970's.

I am not "judging" other generations, I am judging morons that think that their generation invented everything, simply because they recycle an old concept.

Are you high, son?

What I said was factually correct. You and Ares can have a good ol' circle jerk for all I care, though.

https://www.abebooks.com/products/isbn/9780615250236/11220750486&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-PLP4

https://www.abebooks.com/products/isbn/9780786948635/30173281086&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-PLP8

Tolkein called his version The Realm of Shadows in The Silmarillion back in 1970's.

I am not "judging" other generations, I am judging morons that think that their generation invented everything, simply because they recycle an old concept.

Those books came after Yu-Gi-Oh

The same reason a 35 year old journeyman found "Polish Power".

Are you high, son?

lol. Keep doubling down.

At least this time you attempted to provide a source.

Doesn't change how the expression entered popular culture. You would rather stick to your guns rather than admit you were wrong. So grown up of you.

lol. Keep doubling down.

At least this time you attempted to provide a source.

Doesn't change how the expression entered popular culture. You would rather stick to your guns rather than admit you were wrong. So grown up of you.
WTF are you on about now? I know that the current mma nerds get their source material from the shit cartoon, all I'm saying is that the shit cartoon didn't invent the concept, in agreement of some dude back on page 1 or 2 of this thread.

Just like Donald Trump didn't invent being a cunt for political and financial gain. Yes, he popularized it, but he didn't invent it.

Also, I didn't "Attempt" to do anything, I DID provide sources. There have undoubtably been many more references, but it is not my intent to be the authoritative source on the etiology of the phrase.

Yu-Gi-Oh dub team didn’t invent it, but mma nerd culture crossover only knows of it because of Yu-Gi-Oh ‘cause nerds don’t read any more.

WTF are you on about now? I know that the current mma nerds get their source material from the shit cartoon, all I'm saying is that the shit cartoon didn't invent the concept, in agreement of some dude back on page 1 or 2 of this thread.

The concept of Shadow Realm as a euphemism for death DID originate with Yu Gi Oh.

People saying sent to the Shadow Realm were making a Yu Gi Oh reference, not a Silmarillion reference. Your initial post in this thread was smug, and wrong, then you kept digging.

The word Shadow is from the 13th century, duhhhhhh, Yu Gi Oh didn't invent it, durrrrrrrr.

You are so dead set on being right that you aren't even bothering to understand the discussion.

When did the term Shadow Realm enter pop culture? What is it referring to?

Do u know football/basketball balls originate from Dragon Ball Z cartoon, its pretty crazy

2 great kos and social media and so many New fans with no perspective of sport. Very few have watched his career.

ive always been a fan of masvidal. Is he one of the greatest punchers the sport has ever seen. Not by a long shot.

Like usman he had like 3 kos in 6 years and he’s the most well rounded we ever.

is usman striking great no. Can he have success sometimes because of his wrestling just recently yes.

Does Jorge have solid boxing for mma. Yes. Does he have tremendous one shot ko power. Hell no.

and if you have objectively seen th the fights it’s pretty clear to see.

Jorge still has better power. Usman has all the abilities to stifle that power. And drown a guy out.

I remember when Hughes was so massive for ww and the gsp. And Albee. And usman is bigger and is like 6’2. And. Wins off of control. Except 3 times.

Ben askren who gets hate flight way better opponents since day one and has a much higher finishing percentage.

basically mma fans for the most part are retarded and have for strong opinions on stances on fights they have never seen.

Those books came after Yu-Gi-Oh
The 4Kids dubs showed up in 2000, so apart from Tolkein, which was my introduction to the fantastical, you are quite right.

The Shadow Plane, Shadow Realm, Realm of Shadows and many other iterations have existed.
Some folks think the entire Yu-Gi-Oh property is a bootleg Pokemon, so that 4Kids took some creative license isn't exactly a stretch.

Lovecraft wrote about the Dreamlands, or Dream Realm, which was roughly equivalent back in 1934 for god's sake.

In any case, I think that using the idea in reference to a fighter that's been KTFO isn't super great, and in poor taste tbh, but I lost my thought police badge quite some time ago.

Are you high, son?

Shadows in The Simarillion isn't shadow realm and both the books you linked where published in 2008 . This is such a dumb argument I can't believe you can't just admit your wrong . Are you high son ?? <Lmaoo><45>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back