How do you get rid of the ad block pop up?

kushn4pushin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
429CDE81-C3A2-46FE-A8BA-E1407AA53EBE.png I use Adblock because I only use sherdog on mobile and without it, I get huge Ads that take up the whole screen that I cannot X out of. My Adblock got detected and this pop up comes every time I use the site. Is there anyway to stop this?

Become a platinum member and support Sherdog you broke bum

<{poor?}>

Plat up fuckers.

It showed up a lot for me but now it rarely does. I think my browser learned I don’t care and gave up.

You gotta take your lickings one way or another. Plat up, get the ads, or click the 'continue'. Personally I click continue. Sherdog has allowed too many cunty full screen invasive ads over the years for me to want to look at any more even if they have cleaned up their act. But at least they allow clicking unlike some of the news things where you don't get to see shit unless you pay.

I’m not getting the option to continue without support anymore, anyone having same issue? Today might be first day

meh, it varies. sometimes it says disable adblock (which sometimes works and other times doesn't even work) and sometimes it gives the option of
'continuing without supporting us'.
let's get this straightened out, folks.

looks like they went from that passive aggressive "continue without supporting us" to a full on "whitelist us, you piece of shit"

I, for one, think it's an improvement given the tone of the site.

Ah ha they removed the ability to close the overlay didn't they.

For those without any kind of advanced blocking setup and just a plain adblocker, you might try "Behind the Overlay" for Firefox or Chrome. Click a buitton and it goes away. The only downside is it's not permanent.

It's gotten unbearable. It used to only happen to me when I went onto Fight Finder but now it happens on the forums and it won't go away even if you whitelist the site.

I've tried using the site on a different browser with no adblockers, or any other add-ons, and sometimes the pages won't even load or take forever (no I'm not on dial up either).

I never get this option, I used to, but now it won't let me go on without ad blocker @Jackonfire. Why do you have to use these kind of ads, why do you have to use intrusive dynamic ads that block your own sites content? Can you answer me now that its here rather than just deleting and forgetting?

View attachment 613317 I use Adblock because I only use sherdog on mobile and without it, I get huge Ads that take up the whole screen that I cannot X out of. My Adblock got detected and this pop up comes every time I use the site. Is there anyway to stop this?
Agreed! We love this site, but the ads Sherdog sells are heinous and ruin any ability to enjoy the site.

Ah ha they removed the ability to close the overlay didn't they.

For those without any kind of advanced blocking setup and just a plain adblocker, you might try "Behind the Overlay" for Firefox or Chrome. Click a buitton and it goes away. The only downside is it's not permanent.

I just mentioned this in another thread:

Another tool in addition to Behind The Overlay for Firefox and chrome:

NoScript - kills the scripts that allow overlays to pop up in the first place.

Run these along with ad blockers for a better experience. Try it!

I get zero ads and zero nag screens to whitelist.

The last week or so i've started getting that pop up, sometime i get the option to continue without supporting but sometime that option isn't available.
More and more links i click on in threads go to site that say, 'disable your fucking ad blocker or else we'll kill your dog' type of thing, it's annoying. I refuse to disable it.

Back