How do you get good at Chess?

Chess.com is a good place.

We even have a sherdog group there but not sure if any of us have played in a while. I need to get back on it.

Honestly, just playing the shit out of it. Learn an opening move and just play it, play it until you know it by heart, just start with one and build from there. But the more you play the more you will start to see clearly on the chess board.

Chess.com is a good place.

We even have a sherdog group there but not sure if any of us have played in a while. I need to get back on it.

Honestly, just playing the shit out of it. Learn an opening move and just play it, play it until you know it by heart, just start with one and build from there. But the more you play the more you will start to see clearly on the chess board.

I'm playing a couple Sherbros at Chess.com right now..

I know everyone is mentioning openings but learning the endgame first is a great way to really understand the game. Endgames let you learn how a few pieces work with and against each other. As you get better, you can work your way back to openings.

Study a lot, play a lot.

And accept that you're going to get beat a lot on your journey.

I know everyone is mentioning openings but learning the endgame first is a great way to really understand the game. Endgames let you learn how a few pieces work with and against each other. As you get better, you can work your way back to openings.

Study a lot, play a lot.

And accept that you're going to get beat a lot on your journey.

Had a friend who was pretty serious about chess and when I asked him to show me some stuff, he started from end game.

He personally studied and memorized openings. Just like anything else, the more hours you put in, the more you will recogniE patterns and see what your opponent is trying to set up.

Being able to think ahead and anticipate opponent's moves is beneficial in many other applications.

This is one of the most absurd things I've ever read. How is getting good at chess any more deplorable than getting good at anything? How is getting good at anything detestable and loathsome?

Feels similar to practicing IQ tests to get good at them. I appreciate my view is irrational :)

Back