How do you feel when fighters are showboating or trolling their opponent in the cage?

edwinmaniac

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I see people hate on Anderson and other fighters for showboating, dancing in the cage, trolling their opponent. But I honestly love it when fighters do stuff like that. I love it when Anderson fights with his hands down and lets his opponent take a swing at him, when Werdum points to the ground to distract Roy Nelson, when Nick Diaz gives his opponent the bird. It's all entertaining to me and usually makes me a fan of the fighter.

Michael Page from last night - “It’s called showboating,” the Brit said at the post-event news conference. “I intend to put on a show. The reason I’m here and I’m able to be at this table is because I fight the way I fight. To be honest, if I was fighting exactly the same as everyone else, I don’t know if I’d be here right now. It’s not me trying to be disrespectful.”

So how do ya'll feel about it?

If they can back it up its great, if they get their asses kicked even better. This MVP cat brings it to a whole new level, can't wait to see him get humbled.

Depends who's doing it and who's the opponent.

Werdum on Browne was really satisfying

There is obviously something to it considering that Michael Page has way more attention than he should. He has never fought a good opponent but his show boating and flashy technique has garnered him a lot of attention.

page knows what is up - fans like sht like that, even if it makes some vags burn, it is better for the fighters paycheck - if he gets ko'd repeatedly after, he woulda been done anyway, no reason not to take that attention - ufc blatantly favors people who get attention, so get it at all costs unless you dont care about money or attention

this is an ironic thing to talk about on discussion forums bc some of those people who get affected by it are likely like those women-types who say they hate a man with confidence then get wet in private - some people dont know what they like i guess haha

i dont mind it personally, though i prefer respectful talented fighters

Don't care as long as they remember they're in a fight.

Its good. I want to be entertained.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I liked Anderson against Leites just mute the fight to take away the ignorant boos and commentary and it's a thing of beauty. Anderson against Weidman was foolish and unwarranted.

I see people hate on Anderson and other fighters for showboating, dancing in the cage, trolling their opponent. But I honestly love it when fighters do stuff like that. I love it when Anderson fights with his hands down and lets his opponent take a swing at him, when Werdum points to the ground to distract Roy Nelson, when Nick Diaz gives his opponent the bird. It's all entertaining to me and usually makes me a fan of the fighter.

Michael Page from last night -

if you talk shit to someone or something like that it happens in a fight... but wearing stupid ass clothes and doing a dance routine coming out in your colorful hair? its like you should be training all the time how do you even have time for all that shit? but whatever

It doesn't bother me too much as long as they're continuing to fight. For example, Werdum killing Browne and showboating wasn't too bad for me. Because he was still winning the fight and doing damage. But for scenarios like Silva vs. Maia it's obnoxious because that's the only thing people remember about the fight.

But like someone else said, it also depends on who's doing it as well. If for example Brendan Schaub was taunting Cro Cop prior to the KO that would've upset me more than some nobody doing it to another nobody.

I also love it when fighters showboat and get ko'd. I was pretty upset right after Anderson lost vs Weidman the first time cause Anderson's one of my favorites.

But when I watch that fight these days I think it's pretty freakin hilarious watching him doin the harlem shuffle then get ko'd.

Last edited:
Sometimes it's more than showboating, drawing their opponent out just to land a counter shot.

I don't mind it, but it becomes a bit cringeworthy whn your opponent doesn't fall for the tactic.

Michael Page from last night -

Back