How do you feel about the Korean dog meat market/trade

Man's best friend

It's fucking different

Worse than other animals?

It's not like they take their pets to the butcher, these are animals bred for consumption.

Would I ever want to try dog meat? Definitely not, but I'm not going to go all SJW and tell other cultures how to live their lives.

I'm American. I have my old dog's name tattooed on me and I use it for all my online logins and dinner reservations (basically any time I have to give a name for food).

I'm totally ok with dogs being eaten. I would like to taste dog. I'd eat a rat if someone cooked it.

I wonder what all animals taste like.

Dogs are animals. Quick kill with dignity does not bother me.

Torture is another story.

Assholes need to quit worrying about what other people eat. It's just a dog.

Now we get outraged because people in another culture eat animals we dont eat?
What makes dogs different from pigs or even cows? We keep some as pets so people in other cultures cant eat em?
This outrage culture is gonna be laughed upon by future generations, keep embarrassing yourselves.

Shit if they say its tasty, I might even try the damn thing. If you're not a vegetarian, stfu.

Alright I picked out a few of you for your own good. If you want to know what they are doing to these dogs, and cats for that matter, then click the spoiler. It isn't a video, because that's too harsh for your minds but even a verbal description is bad. I would say if you are upset easily don't click the spoiler, it will only ruin your day. Don't click it, just don't do it. Its too late for me, I can only warn others.

They take a dog catcher, looks like this.

th

Basically a stick with a loop on the end. Then they put it around the dogs neck, they do it to cats as well, and lift the dog into the air by his neck. Now keep in mind, the animal is very much alive and healthy and aware, not sedated. Then on the other side of the room that have a big boiling cauldron. Looks kinda like this.

th

Then they dip the live dog into the boiling water. Not long enough to kill him, they aren't trying to kill him yet, they just want to boil him a little bit. When this part of the agonizing procedure is done they have succeeded in loosening the dog's skin just enough that they can grab its skin and pull it all off in one big piece like a sock. Literally, they just de-skin the animal in one big yank. The horrifying part, if what I have told you is not already horrifying enough, is that the dog is still alive. He's been boiled, and had all his skin ripped off, and now he's standing there looking at you. Then the butchering phase starts and I won't even continue.

I've seen it done on video, against my wishes, and it scarred my mind for life. I'll take that to my grave. I had a friend that said check this out and I didn't know what it was. He almost got a legit ass beating that day and if we were'nt such good friends he would have, or I would have, but someone is getting an ass beating when that video is pulled out. So if you think its alright to eat dogs, fine, but I thought you should at least know one of the preferred methods.

Alright I picked out a few of you for your own good. If you want to know what they are doing to these dogs, and cats for that matter, then click the spoiler. It isn't a video, because that's too harsh for your minds but even a verbal description is bad. I would say if you are upset easily don't click the spoiler, it will only ruin your day. Don't click it, just don't do it. Its too late for me, I can only warn others.

I'm sure I wouldn't want to go to a beef or pork slaughter house either. I don't care to involve myself in the details. I pay for a product and it is up to the slaughter house on the process. I'm sure the video is disturbing.

I do appreciate the info. I'm not being sarcastic. I know there are bad practices in this world and its good to be aware of them. I would never argue against that fact. Those practices are just none of my concern.

I'm sure I wouldn't want to go to a beef or pork slaughter house either. I don't care to involve myself in the details. I pay for a product and it is up to the slaughter house on the process. I'm sure the video is disturbing.

I do appreciate the info. I'm not being sarcastic. I know there are bad practices in this world and its good to be aware of them. I would never argue against that fact. Those practices are just none of my concern.

{<huh}

Did you read all of his description when you made that comment?

{<huh}

Did you read all of his description when you made that comment?

Yes sir. I understand what methods they use now. Sounds horrible. I don't agree with those methods and they are inhumane to me. However I would still try dog meat on the incredibly small chance I'm ever anywhere that they sell it.

I'm by no means defending their method.

I hate it. Dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years now, meaning they have an intrinsic trust in people. Hurting them is the worst kind of betrayal.

I lived in Guangxi province for a couple of months and dog meat is sold rather openly there, not to mention the notorious Yulin Festival which is held there. I saw a dog meat shop in the distance when I was at a wet market but I avoided it.

Basically a stick with a loop on the end. Then they put it around the dogs neck, they do it to cats as well, and lift the dog into the air by his neck. Now keep in mind, the animal is very much alive and healthy and aware, not sedated. Then on the other side of the room that have a big boiling cauldron. Looks kinda like this.

th

Then they dip the live dog into the boiling water. Not long enough to kill him, they aren't trying to kill him yet, they just want to boil him a little bit. When this part of the agonizing procedure is done they have succeeded in loosening the dog's skin just enough that they can grab its skin and pull it all off in one big piece like a sock. Literally, they just de-skin the animal in one big yank. The horrifying part, if what I have told you is not already horrifying enough, is that the dog is still alive. He's been boiled, and had all his skin ripped off, and now he's standing there looking at you. Then the butchering phase starts and I won't even continue.

I've seen it done on video, against my wishes, and it scarred my mind for life. I'll take that to my grave. I had a friend that said check this out and I didn't know what it was. He almost got a legit ass beating that day and if we were'nt such good friends he would have, or I would have, but someone is getting an ass beating when that video is pulled out. So if you think its alright to eat dogs, fine, but I thought you should at least know one of the preferred methods.

Im alright with the dog eating but the methods for inhumanly torturing the dogs, skinning em and then butchering em is not okay. There are ways of painlessly killing the animals with minimal suffering involved. Im actually kinda pissed right now. That's just needless as hell. Fuck em.

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

Pigs are smarter than dogs. Where's the outrage machine for killing and eating them?
Good point. I love bacon but feel very conflicted about it. What if salmon were really intelligent? Would the same argument apply?

I studied abroad in Beijing, and my event leader brought us to some food market. You could buy almost any meat there. There was goat testicles, fried scorpion, hearts, lungs, etc.

he then dared me to eat this white looking meat. I said no but eventually ate it. He said is was dog meat. I was about the throw it up when my buddy started laughing and saying that it was a joke and that it was really some pork dish. I asked the seller if they sold dog meat and he said no and that its not very common for Chinese people to eat dog meat. But he said that some parts of China do. Honestly, I almost fainted when he said I ate dog meat. lol

They take a dog catcher, looks like this.

th

th

I have internal conflict right now. I went vegetarian for awhile but later found out that I have psoriatic arthritis and can't eat too many legumes or dairy during a flare up, making it difficult to get enough protein outside of meat sources. What bothers me most is the needless suffering that the animals are put through. I don't have the same qualms with a quick painless death. If I could get away with it and not face repercussions, I wouldn't have a problem with torturing and murdering someone who put an animal through such needless pain.

I can't understand why you would be angry at your friend for showing this to you. The people who are committing these acts are the ones who deserve your contempt.

Im alright with the dog eating but the methods for inhumanly torturing the dogs, skinning em and then butchering em is not okay. There are ways of painlessly killing the animals with minimal suffering involved. Im actually kinda pissed right now. That's just needless as hell. Fuck em.

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

I told you not to click that. You can imagine my surprise when I saw a video of it without knowing what was going to happen. To be fair, that isn't the only method but it is one that has been used many times.

Easy fix for the sherdoggers here. Give the koreans and chinese the pitbulls to eat and leave the other dogs alone. The sherdoggers who despise pitbulls would be happy and the WR folks who hate chinese would be happy to see them attacked by pitbulls

Pigs are smart as hell. When I was a teenager I used to mow a ladies lawn that had a pot belly pig named Smuckers and he was super smart. He could do about any trick a dog could and maybe more.

Back