How do you feel about swearing in front of your children?

All you gotta do is say "earmuffs" first, and then you can say "fuck, shit, bitch," whatever you want.

Honestly though my sons mom always harped on me to watch my language around him and after a while it just became easy and i stopped cursing almost entirely. I dont like when people curse in front of him either ill let it slide once or twice but if they continue to drop f-bombs i will ask them to chill out.

Also i grew up in a strict home where cursing was not allowed at all. It wasnt until i was at least 24 that i said my first curse word in front of my mom. Ive never heard her say one honestly. On the other hand my best friend was italian and couldnt carry a conversation with his mom without cursing her out. It was so crazy to me.

The wife and I cuss like sailors. My 15 year old daughter has grown up with it knows its inappropriate for kids to do it. She might cuss around her friends, but she doesn't around us. An occasional shit, or damn wouldn't bother me though. I've got a 3 year old too, he'll probably be slangin motherfuckers in Kindergarten.

When my daughter was around 3 she crashed in her Barbie Jeep. She walked over to me brushing her hands together and said "I busted my ass". I lol'd.

Cursing in front of children is not cool. I've been guilty of it from time to time if I'm frustrated with something. My daughter's heard me say "damn" or "shit" a few times, when it just slips out and she always calls me out on it.

Just like someone else said, they have to know that it's not always acceptable to speak that way, and as a parent, you have to set that example.

I have friends that drop f-bombs freely in front of their kids and it always makes me uncomfortable, because you can tell they hear it so often it doesn't even register. We're talking like 7 and 9 year olds. Only a matter of time before they drop one in front of a teacher.

I'd avoid it at all costs especially when they are under 5 years old. Eventually I will be a little more lax and bust out the stuff they will hear on network television. I don't think I could ever drop f bombs in front of my kids no matter what age.

One of my biggest parenting fears is I raise kids with no class.

I have once or twice, but I really try not to. I don't make a big deal about it when it happens and thus far haven't had a repeater. It's really unnecessary in general and in my opinion makes you sound crude and uneducated when used in a continuous fashion. The occasional swear can be a good pressure relief valve if you're frustrated or excited but it's best to avoid.

All you gotta do is say "earmuffs" first, and then you can say "fuck, shit, bitch," whatever you want.

'Just trying to prove a point Frank, you don't have to celebrate it' :icon_lol:

I try not to, but do slip from time to time...ironically usually when they piss me off, and it's usually directed at them. I feel like that's the proper way to use those words anyway, so it's not the end of the world if that's the example I'm setting. When you really get pissed off, go ahead and cuss kid.

Some seriously classy people in this thread lmao. Sure, I see people curse around their children...but I thought it was common knowledge that this was about the trashiest thing a parent could do?

Back