Law How Do You Feel About Plastic Bag Bans?

How do you feel about plastic bag bans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have eaten women ive just Mets ass more than once. This is just making it even less personal

I never ate any strange-ass but I got close enough that I might as well have. Sometimes you've gotta risk a little pink-eye.

There are currently two bills on the Connecticut floor: one would ban single use plastic bags outright, the other would impose a surcharge for using them.

I hope we just ban the shit. Plastic waste has got to slow way down... and a lot of it is just sheer laziness. Ain't got time to bring in a cloth shopping bag? Good. Have fun fucking with paper.

How do you feel about plastic bag bans? (Thanks for the poll @Lead)

Plastic_Bags_5_2018_22274.gif

States in red have passed legislation pre-empting (disallowing any future legislation that would penalize plastic use). Lol. Fucking zhithoels.
I collect plastic grocery bags at work as a part of a corporate recycling initiative and I get about 150+ per month. Before I started it I shudder to think where they were all going. Then I divide the # of people in the country by those on my floor and it’s pretty sobering.

They can’t be recycled with other items because they get caught in the machines. I take them back to the grocery store.

All single use plastics need to be phased out. We've only been mass producing them for 70 odd years and we're already well on the way to trashing the whole planet with them. That shit is obviously unsustainable.
I recently began considering bringing my own Rubbermaid tub/tray when I buy hot food from 7-11 or Costco food court. I also stopped taking straws.

I collect plastic grocery bags at work as a part of a corporate recycling initiative and I get about 150+ per month. Before I started it I shudder to think where they were all going. Then I divide the # of people in the country by those on my floor and it’s pretty sobering.

They can’t be recycled with other items because they get caught in the machines. I take them back to the grocery store.
I'm old enough to now know that plastic grocery bags disintegrate into tiny flakes of plastic and it's a mess to clean up. I don't want to inhale the particles.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It does suck that we have to have laws for this because people can't dispose of their trash properly.

That general concept is why we need laws at all. People cant act right.

I’m using reusable bags anyways in most cases. The only thing I need plastic or biodegradable plastic bags for is groceries.

There are currently two bills on the Connecticut floor: one would ban single use plastic bags outright, the other would impose a surcharge for using them.

I hope we just ban the shit. Plastic waste has got to slow way down... and a lot of it is just sheer laziness. Ain't got time to bring in a cloth shopping bag? Good. Have fun fucking with paper.

How do you feel about plastic bag bans? (Thanks for the poll @Lead)

Plastic_Bags_5_2018_22274.gif

States in red have passed legislation pre-empting (disallowing any future legislation that would penalize plastic use). Lol. Fucking zhithoels.
I’m old enough to remember when we went to plastic so we wouldn’t kill trees with paper.

Grocery stores in Italy have been providing biodegradable plastic bags for years, why can't we do that?
They're pretty flimsy so you have to double up for heavy items but where's the problem here?

I throw out my plastics in a plastic bag and it says to not do that.

So, plastic bags arent recycled? Heres a thought....make them recyclable?

Paper bags are as hard to transport as 5 plastic, so it isnt super clear what is better. The economic and enviromental cost of cotton is pretty high too. Like you need to use the same bag every time you go shopping for years and years to make it better than disposable.

That said, and Im not for banning just dusposable plastics. I think all disposable bags should be banned.

its a good thing... ban all plastic

living on the coast i see plastic all the time at the beach and in our oceans.... its sad...

https://www.earthday.org/2018/04/05/fact-sheet-plastics-in-the-ocean/

"By 2050 there will be more plastic in the oceans than there are fish (by weight)[6]"

"Many marine organisms can’t distinguish common plastic items from food. Animals who eat plastic often starve because they can’t digest the plastic and it fills their stomachs, preventing them from eating real food[8]"

"Many fish humans consume, including brown trout, cisco, and perch, have at one time or another, ingested plastic microfibers.[12]"

"There are five massive patches of plastic in the oceans around the world. These huge concentrations of plastic debris cover large swaths of the ocean; the one between California and Hawaii is the size of the state of Texas[3]"

The size of Texas is roughly 250,000 square miles to put that into context.

As for cloth bag, several studies have shown that one of the worst bags to use is:

* Organic cotton bag. You have to use it 20,000 to compensate for its environmental impact.
* A normal cloth bag, 7,100 times.

Got to start somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back