Law How Do You Feel About Plastic Bag Bans?

How do you feel about plastic bag bans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t understand why cloth bags would “cause illness”. Is it because you’re putting packages of raw meat in them?
Why couldn’t you just wash them or sanitize them after or before use?

I reuse all of the plastic bags I get picking up after by dogs when walking and hiking.

So you pick up your dog's shit with a plastic bag, dump it out when you get home and then wash out the bag so you can use it again the next time? That is some committed environmentalism and I applaud you, sir.

Its a fairly solid measure to address an issue - but a lot of people reuse, donate to repurpose or at least keep the plastic grocery bags at home. Things like the bags produce comes in, bread, etc. That stuff gets thrown out more often.

So you pick up your dog's shit with a plastic bag, dump it out when you get home and then wash out the bag so you can use it again the next time? That is some committed environmentalism and I applaud you, sir.

I am not that committed. I meant I reuse my grocery bags to pick up the poop.

Hawaii got rid of the plastic bags a few years ago or so. It's pretty easy to keep a few cloth bags in the trunk. Plus there's that 5 cent per bag credit for bringing your own. Paper bags cost 5 cents.

Keeping the planet clean is always nice. Of course it won't mean shit while countries like China and India are doing whatever they want.

chartoftheday_12211_the_countries_polluting_the_oceans_the_most_n.jpg

oZEdQCs.png
Let's all blame China!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll pay them money to take our waste, if we really cared we'd recycle and destroy our own waste. then produce meaningless charts to point the finger at them.

Don't just make this an inconvenience on the consumer, let's hold companies accountable too.

images

I've been using reusable cloth bags for almost two decades. They are so superior. No need for plastic or paper.

They found a good way to make money on what used to be free with purchase. And those same bags are going to end up in the ocean because people are selfish pricks.

Absolutely get rid of them. The environment is in a dire state. The oceans are filthy.

Ahhh there's fecal matter on everything if you test for it. You probably ate a tiny bit of shit with your lunch today. You'll be fine.

Someone tried to use that as a reason McDonalds kiosks were bad. Never mind the fact that they had to touch the door which has been touched by the same people, or touch their credit cards (which they've touched multiple times after touching a pen-pad that has been touched by thousands of people), or on and on and on.

A good rule of thumb: did anyone else besides you ever touch this? Yes? It has shit on it. No? You probably still put some of your own shit on it.

I'd rather have clamshell and other wasteful plastic packaging banned. At least plastic bags are useful as trashbags for small bins in bathrooms, bedrooms etc. or traveling.

I got to call bullshit on that.

How do you define environmental impact? Sure, it may take a lot more energy to produce a cloth bag than a plastic one-- so from that measure the figures might be right-- but if our top concern right now is the amount of plastic waste (you know, island larger than Texas, microplastics etc.) I fail to see how there is any feasible way a cloth bag is having a worse impact.

A link would be helpful.

I just wish paper bags didn't suck so much.

If more places made nice ones with sturdy handles it would be all good.

As it goes now, I think more people need to pass up on plastic when they have a choice.

If I'm getting one or 2 things or something large or with a handle I always tell the checker I don't need a bag.

When I was growing up, every store used paper bags. I remember when it changed in the 80s and they'd ask you "paper or plastic?" We'd always go paper because they held more and were more sturdy.

Personally, I keep my plastic bags after every grocery store visit and keep them around for multiple uses. I'd have zero problem going back to paper bags though. Companies just got greedy and switched to plastic because it was cheaper.

Since companies refuse to take hits in profit these days and every year has to be more and more growth or you are considered a failure, they'll probably start charging people for bags if plastic is banned or force you to bring your own. That's when people will get upset. Just go back to paper and take the hit to your profits that everyone used to do.

I could give a shit what they make the bags out of. If they don't like plastic bags, just make them out of something else, no need to even give me a heads up. Somehow I have a feeling the solution is going to wind up being some added tax or extra expense and inconvenience for the consumers just like everything else.

All single use plastics need to be phased out. We've only been mass producing them for 70 odd years and we're already well on the way to trashing the whole planet with them. That shit is obviously unsustainable.

Someone tried to use that as a reason McDonalds kiosks were bad. Never mind the fact that they had to touch the door which has been touched by the same people, or touch their credit cards (which they've touched multiple times after touching a pen-pad that has been touched by thousands of people), or on and on and on.

A good rule of thumb: did anyone else besides you ever touch this? Yes? It has shit on it. No? You probably still put some of your own shit on it.
I have eaten women ive just Mets ass more than once. This is just making it even less personal

Back