Law How Do You Feel About Plastic Bag Bans?

How do you feel about plastic bag bans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh yeah, those cloth bags are disgusting.

When tested, they usually find all types of bacteria, germs and fecal matter.

Enjoy your shit sandwich

I live in a town that has done this and I feel like having seen it in practice it's a case of a law that "feels good" but in practice is real wonky and... well... not worth it.

I say that because of this. The trucks to transport said paper or plastic bags are the same. Those trucks can carry far more plastic bags than paper.

Add to that, I use those plastic grocery bags for a ton of shit like laundry and the like and now I don't have any. :(

The other issue is in my area, yeah people have the cloth bags but they always forget them and guess what... they have to pay a nickel to get paper ones in my town. It feels like a racket the big grocery chains wanted to get put in place to make more money.

I lived in a town where single use plastic bags were banned and from what I the majority of people that lived there used re-usable bags. It takes a little bit for people to adjust, but eventually they do.

On a side note, you use plastic grocery bags for laundry? Seems pretty inconvenient considering a big fold-able hamper costs like 5 dollars.

Enjoy your shit sandwich

Ahhh there's fecal matter on everything if you test for it. You probably ate a tiny bit of shit with your lunch today. You'll be fine.

I lived in a town where single use plastic bags were banned and from what I the majority of people that lived there used re-usable bags. It takes a little bit for people to adjust, but eventually they do.

On a side note, you use plastic grocery bags for laundry? Seems pretty inconvenient considering a big fold-able hamper costs like 5 dollars.
I use them to take to the place to do my laundry. I throw my nasty MMA shorts and shit in them after practice, I use them to carry my lunch into work as well and take leftovers home after having a meal at like my parent's place and shit.

I use them to take to the place to do my laundry. I throw my nasty MMA shorts and shit in them after practice, I use them to carry my lunch into work as well and take leftovers home after having a meal at like my parent's place and shit.

Well as far as clothes go, that's what hampers are for. As far as lunch goes, that's what lunchboxes are for. As far as leftovers go there are dozens of other re-usable things you can put them in. You'll survive. I believe in you!

You realize that a lot of China's plastic waste is a result of them literally importing western country's garbage for years, right? So we paid China to put it in the ocean so we didn't have to, basically.

China just ended the policy of importing waste, btw.

The world is scrambling now that China is refusing to be a trash dumping ground
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/cli...mport-of-foreign-waste-to-stop-pollution.html

Also, there is no feasible connection any of this has to "corporate SJW" policies.

We would not dump plastic into the ocean. It'd go to a landfill. Or be recycled.

CHina is dirty enough without importing much of our trash. As their middle class keeps growing, much more garbage will go into the ocean.

What I mean by SJW shit, is google twitter Facebook and other tech groups would outright ban conservatives,but then trip over themselves trying to set up shop in china.

If you don't think chinas human rights record is worse than conservatives saying stuff you don't like, that's SJW shit. And it's hypercritical if the companies and they never get called out for it

Ahhh there's fecal matter on everything if you test for it. You probably ate a tiny bit of shit with your lunch today. You'll be fine.
Not at Chick-fil-A

They have Angels watching over my nuggets

Not at Chick-fil-A

They have Angels watching over my nuggets

You got me, if there's any fast food place that wouldn't have shit in their food it would be Chick-fil-A. I could go for a chicken biscuit right now, shit or no shit.

Disapprove

I would approve if I was provided a free alternative that doesn't cause any effort or time on my side.
Not interested in having a once free service outsourced to paying customers.
We have a bag tax in the county I live in.

Since it passed my grocery bills have gone dramatically down, because if I can't carry it out in my two hands without a bag, I ain't buying it.

Also since the tax passed, plastic bag use has not dramatically dropped, so it kinda failed in what it sought out to do.

It did exactly what most of these government programs are designed to do - grow government and collect revenue.

What I mean by SJW shit, is google twitter Facebook and other tech groups would outright ban conservatives,but then trip over themselves trying to set up shop in china.

If you don't think chinas human rights record is worse than conservatives saying stuff you don't like, that's SJW shit. And it's hypercritical if the companies and they never get called out for it
See, none of this has to do with plastic bags, though, and that's the topic of this thread.

Enjoy your shit sandwich
That's because most people don't think to occasionally wash them. Washing machines, how do they work?

That's because most people don't think to occasionally wash them. Washing machines, how do they work?

NWU9tfG.gif

A ban would open up a whole new black market. People would be buying plastic grocery bags from a criminal on a corner. Now our jails are full of plastic bag sellers. Is that really what we want?
<26>

We have to much plastic period. Like way too much. I’m all for banning bags and water bottles to be honest. And those are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to plastic trash.

You got me, if there's any fast food place that wouldn't have shit in their food it would be Chick-fil-A. I could go for a chicken biscuit right now, shit or no shit.
Man, Chik fil a is good, I would be heartbroken if it had fecal matter in it.

Man, Chik fil a is good, I would be heartbroken if it had fecal matter in it.

Just eat it and don't think about it. That's my philosophy. But you can bet that someone making your chicken sandwich at some point came back from the bathroom with poo hands.

Plastic is the least harmful bag type.

Ploth bags cause illness and paper backs promote deforestation. And both cost more which hurts the poor.

Plastic is not actually bad for the environment, it doesn't break down so it can't really pollute--it's just an eyesore.

It seems to me you would do much more in terms of getting plastic out of the environment if you went after the packaging and not the bag you carry it home in. All the bottles in your fridge should be made of glass and there should seriously be laws and rules about how much plastic and shit manufacturers can put on a product. I know they dont want people to steal but jesus christ the amounts of waste that shit creates.

Maybe everything on earth needs to be behind plexiglass til you are ready to buy it. Or maybe it just time we buy everything direct from the manufacturer with no need for all that anti theft /protection packaging .

Either way I think its the packaging people need to go after and not the bags.

Back