Law How Do You Feel About Plastic Bag Bans?

How do you feel about plastic bag bans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are currently two bills on the Connecticut floor: one would ban single use plastic bags outright, the other would impose a surcharge for using them.

I hope we just ban the shit. Plastic waste has got to slow way down... and a lot of it is just sheer laziness. Ain't got time to bring in a cloth shopping bag? Good. Have fun fucking with paper.

How do you feel about plastic bag bans? (Thanks for the poll @Lead)

Plastic_Bags_5_2018_22274.gif

States in red have passed legislation pre-empting (disallowing any future legislation that would penalize plastic use). Lol. Fucking zhithoels.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have a problem with it. It does suck that we have to have laws for this because people can't dispose of their trash properly.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It does suck that we have to have laws for this because people can't dispose of their trash properly.
Problem is that even if you do throw plastic out properly it may still end up in the ocean.

There are currently two bills on the Connecticut floor, one would ban plastic bags outright from the state, and would impose a surcharge for using them.

I hope we just ban the shit. Plastic waste has got to stop... and a lot of it is just sheer laziness. Ain't got time to bring in a cloth shopping bag. Good. Have fun fucking with paper.

How do you feel about plastic bag bans? (Mods can I get a poll @Lead @TeTe )

States in red have passed legislation pre-empting (disallowing any future legislation that would penalize plastic back use). Lol. Fucking zhithoels.

I wouldn’t want one. I reuse all of the plastic bags I get picking up after by dogs when walking and hiking. I’d just have to buy bags to replace them. I would support mandatory jail time for people who litter though.

I wouldn’t want one. I reuse all of the plastic bags I get picking up after by dogs when walking and hiking. I’d just have to buy bags to replace them. I would support mandatory jail time for people who litter though.
There are biodegradable dog poop bags. 10 bucks for 250 bags.

Or you could petition your municipality to install a dispenser on a high frequency trail.

https://www.chewy.com/earth-rated-poopbags-refill-pack/dp/36172?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Earth Rated&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-4uA3bX33wIVlY3ICh3wIAPYEAQYBCABEgJPjfD_BwE

We gotta ban them. So china can quadrupole their amount of use.

Why don't corporations target china with any of their SJW shit......ever

There are currently two bills on the Connecticut floor, one would ban single use plastic bags outright from the state, and would impose a surcharge for using them.

I hope we just ban the shit. Plastic waste has got to stop... and a lot of it is just sheer laziness. Ain't got time to bring in a cloth shopping bag? Good. Have fun fucking with paper.

How do you feel about plastic bag bans? (Mods can I get a poll @Lead @TeTe )

States in red have passed legislation pre-empting (disallowing any future legislation that would penalize plastic back use). Lol. Fucking zhithoels.
As for cloth bag, several studies have shown that one of the worst bags to use is:

* Organic cotton bag. You have to use it 20,000 to compensate for its environmental impact.
* A normal cloth bag, 7,100 times.

I think plastic bag use in England dropped by 85% after the introduction of a small charge per bag (5p per bag) and since then I haven't even seen shops stock them since the demand is so low.

Should have been done a long time ago, an outright ban is the only way to go.

https://www.earthday.org/2018/04/05/fact-sheet-plastics-in-the-ocean/

"By 2050 there will be more plastic in the oceans than there are fish (by weight)[6]"

"Many marine organisms can’t distinguish common plastic items from food. Animals who eat plastic often starve because they can’t digest the plastic and it fills their stomachs, preventing them from eating real food[8]"

"Many fish humans consume, including brown trout, cisco, and perch, have at one time or another, ingested plastic microfibers.[12]"

"There are five massive patches of plastic in the oceans around the world. These huge concentrations of plastic debris cover large swaths of the ocean; the one between California and Hawaii is the size of the state of Texas[3]"

Or you could plant a tree on every dog turd

I don’t know how on this one on one hand there’s an outside chance that Adam Levine is swimming in he ocean and a bag rolls up over his head and he suffocates.

On the other it is a huge waste but I’m not going to plan that far ahead. Aldi doesn’t giv them out. They don’t do click list though. So that’s the trade. I do refuse a bag for anything I can carry for whatever that’s worth. Also 82%of plastic waste is from toys the child slaves package so tightly that other child spaces can’t play with it before it gets shipped to fat American kids

I approve. There is no need for them. People will adapt, and not care after they have adapted. It's one of those things we don't even notice if we aren't fighting over the political philosophy of it.

Poll needs an "I'm indifferent to the ban" option.

I've always used canvas bags, even when I was growing up my parents used canvas bags.

If I dont have my bags, I opt for paper bags. I just throw 'em in my wood stove when I'm done with them.

Figured backward ass states in this country would do the opposite of what needs to be done. Outright ban of plastic bags and straws needs to happen.

We have been using the bring your own bags for a few years. you get used to it.

I disagree with Banning it though. I support a fee Per bag.

I'm all for it. Our oceans are filled up enough with garbage. Reusable bags are where it's at.

As for cloth bag, several studies have shown that one of the worst bags to use is:

* Organic cotton bag. You have to use it 20,000 to compensate for its environmental impact.
* A normal cloth bag, 7,100 times.
I got to call bullshit on that.

How do you define environmental impact? Sure, it may take a lot more energy to produce a cloth bag than a plastic one-- so from that measure the figures might be right-- but if our top concern right now is the amount of plastic waste (you know, island larger than Texas, microplastics etc.) I fail to see how there is any feasible way a cloth bag is having a worse impact.

A link would be helpful.

They need to bring back paper bags. You can just burn those in your yard when you're done.

We gotta ban them. So china can quadrupole their amount of use.

Why don't corporations target china with any of their SJW shit......ever
You realize that a lot of China's plastic waste is a result of them literally importing western country's garbage for years, right? So we paid China to put it in the ocean so we didn't have to, basically.

China just ended the policy of importing waste, btw.

The world is scrambling now that China is refusing to be a trash dumping ground
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/cli...mport-of-foreign-waste-to-stop-pollution.html

Also, there is no feasible connection any of this has to "corporate SJW" policies.

Last edited:
Back