How Do You Feel About Joesph Valtellini Chances at Capturing Glory Belt

KeeSmyth

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Glory will be hosting the 4 man welterweight tournament later this year in Japan, Valtellini and Holzken are only 2 official for event that i know of thus far.

Joesph has looked like a beast his last 3 outings in Glory with all finishes over high level opponents, do you think he could dethrone Holzken and take the tournament?

I think Karapet Karapetyan has the best chance for an upset there.

I think he is not yet on the level of Holzken but Joe can get on his level in the next few years if he develops and learns from the coming fights.

That said, a tournament can bring strange things.

My guess it will be Joseph Valletelini, Nieky Hoelzken, Karapet Karapetyan and either Marc de Bonte or Aussie Ouzgni. Valletelini has a good chance to win the whole thing but Holzken is a tough fight for anybody.

I think that it'll come down to Joe and Nieky and honestly, I think that Joe could do some serious damage.

really excited for that tournament, curious to see valtellini against fighters like holzken, karapetyan or even stetsurenko. (I could add De Bonte and Ouzgni here too, I like the WW division.)

what his chances are though is really hard to say because he has such little fight experience compared to a guy like Holzken. having said that though, he's beaten every fighter Glory has put in front of him including Direkci and Ghajji who are both very good fighters.

i fucking love Joe Valtellini. He's gonna be a star.

Valtellini looks legit. Ghajji was a big test and he looked sharp. I'm not saying he will be Holzken, but I think he has the tools to do so.

In a tournament anything can happen and everyone in there will be dangerous. Just like we have seen with the last two tournaments. No one expected Schilling or Verhoeven to win. So Valtellini winning that tournament will not be a surprise. He is a legit fighter.

Been a fan since his Glory debut. He has the tools to do it for sure.

Needs to work on his defense Ghajji was snapping his head back more than once when he faces someone who can actually hurt you he'll wish he had improved that aspect , he's still a good fighter who is right there in the mix

He's stated in interviews that he needs to work hard on his defense. I think if he added a bit of head movement when in Boxing range he could improve his game immensely.

The guy has me stoked for the WW tourney in December. He's really impressed me with his 3-0 record in Glory and still only having a fraction of the experience of most of his opponents.

It'd be amazing to be able to talk about a Canadian champ in Kickboxing.

So Joe took home the belt (though in controversial fashion), how do people feel about his chances of defending the belt

He's stated in interviews that he needs to work hard on his defense. I think if he added a bit of head movement when in Boxing range he could improve his game immensely.

The guy has me stoked for the WW tourney in December. He's really impressed me with his 3-0 record in Glory and still only having a fraction of the experience of most of his opponents.

It'd be amazing to be able to talk about a Canadian champ in Kickboxing.

head movement isn't gonna help against flying knees and body shots

offensive he is awesome but in defence he is vulnerable......a composed fighter like Holzken will always give him problems

nice fighter though, can't wait for the tourney

IMO he lost to de Bonte and he would lose to a properly healed Holzken. Even against Holzken he could end up winning though, but I'd definitely not expect him to. He has a pretty good chance no matter who he faces, he is very very good.

IMO he lost to de Bonte and he would lose to a properly healed Holzken. Even against Holzken he could end up winning though, but I'd definitely not expect him to. He has a pretty good chance no matter who he faces, he is very very good.

well I thought he lost to de bonte as well, but not in the 10 point must system

he barely won the first two rounds and got badly owned in the last two
the third he delivered that nice high kick......that won him the fight

but de Bonte was better. imo

Would Love to See a Valtellini Holzken Rematch. Would be more interesting in a Non-tourney setting when both fighters are fresh. The 1st one was epic!

I thought the de Bonte vs Valtelini fight was 46-46 and Mark shod have keep the belt as after 5 rounds there are no extra rounds and in case of a draw the Champion keeps the belt

10-9 Valtelini
10-9 Valtelini
10-8 Valtelini
10-8 de Bonte
10-8 de Bonte

^

If the last round was a 10-8 for de Bonte then the third round was a 10-7 round for Valtellini.

Back