How do you feel about Izzy Romero?

Hype as fuck

booked hotel/flight the second it was announced

I don’t get the Romero worship. At all. Some guys have to go on a 10 fight win streak to get a title shot. Yoel misses weight, gasses, cheats, loses and get’s them. Think it’s because of Joe Rogan talking about his body every podcast got him a fan base of JRE disciples.

However I respect that he is at this high level at his age. But if he eats steroid cereal every morning it makes sense.
Maybe because a lot of people had him winning his last two fights, over the two top young lions in the division.

Plus he’s 43, very likeable, never been in a boring fight, etc...

Issa great fight Fuck belts and rankings
giphy.gif

I don’t get the Romero worship. At all. Some guys have to go on a 10 fight win streak to get a title shot. Yoel misses weight, gasses, cheats, loses and get’s them. Think it’s because of Joe Rogan talking about his body every podcast got him a fan base of JRE disciples.
However I respect that he is at this high level at his age. But if he eats steroid cereal every morning it makes sense.

giphy.gif

Its the toughest and most interesting fight for Izzy in the division

Which makes it funny that so many people had a problem with it.

All 3 of his last losses could be argued in his favor

People need to stop just looking at record to feed their shitty analysis.

There is more to breaking things down than wikipedia sherdog

Just a fight to par Izzy's record. At this point in their careers, it's a pretty easy fight for Izzy. Get in get out type of fight
Its the toughest fight for him in the division

Not that what youre saying may not be true though.

Yoel has been waiting a long time for this fight, probably 123 years to be honest...

I really hope romero wins, he's very likable, Izzy winning is better for business with the Jones fight, which I'd also really like to see, still hope romero flying knees his head off though
A good way to show that he is old but not obsolete.

Standing I dont thing Romero can hang with Izzy he got a puncher chance but that's it
Izzy is way too fast and got great defense.

If Romero wanna wrestle He will get td with ease and then gas out
The thing is that I don't trust Izzy guard nor Romero top game so I don't really know how this will play out

Last edited:
Back