How do you feel about Cody Garbrandt?

I picked Cruz to win but I picked Shogun over Jones, Silvia over Weidman and Aldo over McGregor. Day late and a dollar short.
Awesome performance by Cody.

Don't say Cruz lost badly when he won 2 out of 5 rounds and landed more strikes in every round.

makes you look like a retard.

Remember those times Garbradnt knocked Cruz on his ass? How about all those times Dom knocked Garbrandt down? Cody had a significant edge in effective striking, which is poorly measured by strike totals.

Cody impressed me no end
I didn't expect him to be so composed
for me that was surprising
along with his speed
kid is going places

Remember those times Garbradnt knocked Cruz on his ass? How about all those times Dom knocked Garbrandt down? Cody had a significant edge in effective striking, which is poorly measured by strike totals.
I have a feeling that the judges were applying the new judging protocols early and effectively.

Is a monster, definitely the best striking we've ever seen at 135

I remember scoring a 5 round fight by something that predominantly happened in one of those rounds.

You're a retard.

One of the strengths of the ten point must system is that it allows us to give more weight to certain parts of the fight than other parts. Failing to do this properly is part of why your analysis is so flawed. Garbrandt dropped Cruz and landed heavy shots in both the third and fourth rounds.

Cruz deserves a ton of credit for his heart and chin btw, I was impressed with his recovery.

I have a feeling that the judges were applying the new judging protocols early and effectively.

Yep, but to be fair, I think we've seen this steadily increase since at least the middle of last year. MMA judging has noticeably moved away from rewarding point fighting.

Yep, but to be fair, I think we've seen this steadily increase since at least the middle of last year. MMA judging has noticeably moved away from rewarding point fighting.
It's definitely getting better. Now if only the fans would get better with these bullshit robbery claims.

Last edited:
Necktats make women wet. Respect to Luke Skywaler Garbrandt. Too real for this sport

He helped a kid through his struggles to beat cancer, and continues to be there for him.

That's all you dumb motherfuckers need to know.

He helped a kid through his struggles to beat cancer, and continues to be there for him.

That's all you dumb motherfuckers need to know.
Matt Hughes built an orphanage in Mexico. People still view him as a jerk.

I dislike him, but I have to give him respect for what he's accomplished, and what he's overcome. I don't like the tattoos or the brosky attitude or the fact that he proved me wrong. :D But he definitely showed that he is more skilled and more clever than I ever gave him credit for. I also have to respect the fact that he overcame not having a good dad around to be successful. Maybe as time goes by he will start to grow on me.

You giving Cruz 2 rounds out of 5 states that he won 40% of the fight.

So, don't say "Cruz lost that fight badly" when he clearly did not. In fact, if it wasn't for that takedown Cody landed, I assure you it would have been 47-47 by all 3 judges.

casual.
you're the casual for thinking that winning 2 rounds is similar to winning 3 rounds when clearly Garbrandt did far more damage in the rounds he won than Cruz did in the other rounds. Also the new scoring would've made the gap between them a lot bigger too, seeing as Dom wouldn't have won any 10-8's and Cody would've been getting 10-8s and 10-7s for sure.

this fight gave us definitive proof

Neck Tats > Tramp Stamp

Hahahahaha. Cruz lost the fight badly. This wasn't a neck and neck split decision like Cruz' win over Dillashaw. It was a clear cut 48-46.
I was with you until 48-46...

I had the second for Cody. I'm not one of those "oh that round was close, fuck it, let's just even the score, why not, he's the champ" judges.

I mean it's not wacky to give Cruz the second but it's certainly not automatic. Cody deserved it IMO

But yeah he definitely deserves to be laughed at for scoring it for Cruz. That's a fight you should be able to score even when fucking hammered. Actually, even fucking hammered one should know not to bother scoring the fifth, because Cruz clearly needed a KO

I knew he would give problems to Dominick, because Dom relys on head movement and footwork as defense, and this guy cody has incredible hand speed.

You giving Cruz 2 rounds out of 5 states that he won 40% of the fight.

So, don't say "Cruz lost that fight badly" when he clearly did not. In fact, if it wasn't for that takedown Cody landed, I assure you it would have been 47-47 by all 3 judges.

casual.

You're retarded.

Have you bandwagon hopped like usual?

Yes.....yes I have!

Had him down as a one dimensional fighter, was proved wrong. He's also not as big a douche as I thought.....with the humbleness and respect in victory......and the cancer kid and whatnot

Back