How do you feel about Cody Garbrandt?

A meat head. Necktatted idiot. Will be hitting air all night. Also I'm time traveling from last week.

Personally, I am not a tattoo guy. I don't have any, and don't plan getting any. I do not care what other people choose to do to their bodies.

I wanted Cody to win because he was the underdog, and I always pull for the underdog in fights when the fight is not showcasing one of my favorite fighters. Cruz is a great fighter, It was only a matter of time when someone figured him out, and I would have to say Cody did an awesome job of keeping his composure with all of Cruz's insults and made Cruz look bad in there last night.

A lot of Sherdoggers were claiming that Cruz is unhittable and will "TKO/KO" Garbrandt
Sounds familiar to RDA before he got dethroned. He was supposed to be the "GOAT"

How do you feel about Garbrandt now? Have you bandwagon hopped like usual?

Is he not the obnoxous "neck tat brawler with no skill" anymore?

<36>
I feel fuckin amazing. Team No Love before the fight/

Always thought he was a good fighter and I got pulled in when he first brought Maddox out in an interview. I was a fan as he seemed like a whole different animal than any other alpha male guys. Being from the Bay Area, you pretty much look at TAM as one of your "home teams"

I know/knew he has KO power but honestly didn't see that happening, I had picked Cruz to win by decision. When you're a fan of both, you're forced to pick a side...but I wasn't overly partial to either

You giving 2 rounds to Cruz out 5 and still saying "cruz lost the fight badly" only shows you're an idiot.
1. No, I'm not an idiot. Avoid unnecessary insults and focus on making substantive points.

2. Cruz edged the second round. All three judges and a majority of fans gave him that round, but it wasn't by a large margin. It was his best round. Whereas Garbrandt's best round was scored a 10-8 by two judges and a majority of fans. Cruz' win of the fifth is what fans in other sports call garbage time. Winning a round by being a bit busier when you are down on points 39-36 isn't anything to get enthusiastic about.

I'm neutral on him, it I was definitely impressed with his performance against Cruz. No one has made Cruz look dumb in the cage before. He also landed some clean shots that weren't typical haymakers.

I'm happy he's the champ. I didn't like Cruz as champ. His style was boring to me.

Good fighter, comes across as a poser of a human being though. If youre a nice guy, be a nice guy. I could be wrong about all that but Ill go the indifference route if Im right. Im probably uninformed with preconceived notions so Ill do some "CoGar" homework another day.

How do you feel about Garbrandt now? i

Never knew what to think of Cody, either way, before the fight. Picked (and like) Dom.

But he looked pretty good in the octagon, and I thought he was super respectful in the post-fight presser. I'm going to hop on his bandwagon I guess.

I am covered in tattoos therefore I am automatically a huge fan

He also schooled Cruz and dropped his ass like 5 times, who the fuck would have thought?

First of all, Cruz is the GOAT Bantaweight fighter. Don't diminish his abilities because he lost after 6 years of reign.

Secondly, Cody made a fan outta me. Really enjoyed his fight and his personality.

Coasted in that last round. Never tried to finish. Relied too much on his one shot power. Once he saw he won the fight on the cards, he stopped fighting. It looks like his ego got in the way, but he still won, but it still annoyed me.

You giving Cruz 2 rounds out of 5 states that he won 40% of the fight.

So, don't say "Cruz lost that fight badly" when he clearly did not. In fact, if it wasn't for that takedown Cody landed, I assure you it would have been 47-47 by all 3 judges.

casual.

1. Cruz took his loss better at the press conference than you are.

2. Given that Cody won one round 10-8, he won four of six points in play, a statistically more meaningful way to look at it is that Cruz won 33% of the fight.

3. Again, Cruz' fifth round wasn't impressive. Cruz knew, Garbradnt knew, everyone on Sherdog except apparently you knew, even Mike Goldberg knew that Cruz was down three rounds to one and most likely by 39-36. And yet all Dom could manage was to be a bit busier than a coasting Garbrandt. He either badly misassessed his situation, which I doubt because Dom is very smart, or he didn't have the tools or temperament to push for a finish.

4. I've got a lot of respect for Dom Cruz, even though I've never been a huge fan of his. But his fight with Dillashaw was essentially a draw, and he was beaten by a substantial margin by Garbrandt.

I have mixed feelings about the guy. He's an asshole but at the same time a classy guy. He's Chael without the charisma.

The kid impressed the shit out of me. I thought of him before as just a hard hitter, but he's so much more than that. He was born to fight.

Don't say Cruz lost badly when he won 2 out of 5 rounds and landed more strikes in every round.

makes you look like a retard.
3-2 without breaking a sweat
dude could've finished dom when he wanted but he was playing around instead

Back