How do you explain BJ Penn fall?

Er, no

It's pretty obvious that he was insanely talented but never evolved.

But tell me this, since you think you know so much. What did Penn learn or add to his game between the two GSP fights? Can you name a single thing? I'm gonna guess you can't. GSP clearly evolved a lot between those fights. Penn didn't learn a single fucking thing.

Again, respect for what he accomplished. But he should have had a much better career.
Im afraid ya failed to acknowledge that the undersized fighter isnt supposed to be competitive @ OW in the modern era [2000s...], mate...

Im afraid ya failed to acknowledge that the undersized fighter isnt supposed to be competitive @ OW in the modern era [2000s...], mate...
That's nice

I'm still waiting for literally anything Penn added to his game during his prime. I have a feeling I'll keep waiting, though

BJ FALL DOWN
BUT HE GET UP AGAIN
AND HE'S GONNA FIGHT THE BOUNCER NOW
BJ FALL DOWN
BUT HE GET UP AGAIN
AND YOU BETTER DO HIS WIFE RIGHT NOW

Yes, Penn was shite. Numpty
giphy.gif
I never said he was “shite” I said he was overrated, that’s all

That's nice

I'm still waiting for literally anything Penn added to his game during his prime. I have a feeling I'll keep waiting, though
Ya should focus more on understandin´ the evolution of this game, mate...
The OW Fight Configuration is a different animal.

Its hard to explain. He went from even with a young gsp to getting outclassed by dennis siver. He has had the worst fall of any fighter ive dver seen in terms of ability

Ya should focus more on understandin´ the evolution of this game, mate...
The OW Fight Configuration is a different animal.
I'm asking for a single specific thing and you're telling me to look for other things

Lol fucking Penn fans. Even when you give Penn props, it's still never enough for them

I'm asking for a single specific thing and you're telling me to look for other things

Lol fucking Penn fans. Even when you give Penn props, it's still never enough for them
Not really a BJ fan, so the ad hominem angle wont work here, mate...

Jus´tryin´ to make ya acknowledge the qualitative evolution of the Fight Configuration.

Gsp did some voodoo to him when he had a man kiss him on the way to the cage

He's never been the same since then

USADA didnt effect him,his losing streak began at 31,not old at all to fall that hard,is it confidence? he looks like total bum nowdays
• Tons of fight mileage
• Didn't train as hard as he should have
• Drug and Alcohol problems
• USADA issues

Honestly, he's always been overrated. Even during the "motivated BJ" years, he was beating guys like Sherk and Sanchez. MMA evolved and he didn't evolve with it

That's nice

Not much

He definitely tightened everything up though

But he was good pretty much everywhere

Great boxing, some of the best Tdd in the sport, excellent Jiu jitsu in particular his top game, underrated wrestling.

If it ain't broke don't fix it as they say
He did stop Diego with a headlock so there's that

But yeah, shoulda made adjustments to his cardio, work ethic, along with general fight iq, mental game and strategy

All the talent was there but he very well could've been the p4p goat. Talent wise to me he's absolutely one of the greats, among the best.

Crazy thing about Penn is that he accomplished what he did and achieved the skills he did a only a fraction of his full potential. That's part of his legend

started fighting young, so he peaked young , and faded before the rest
didnt roid like everyone else, so age hit him harder

Honestly, he's always been overrated. Even during the "motivated BJ" years, he was beating guys like Sherk and Sanchez. MMA evolved and he didn't evolve with it
I dunno how you look at his al around skill set during his absolute best and call him overrated

He was the most raw talented fighters in the sport, great everywhere

He inspired an entire generation of fighters along with a few others. That doesn't happen if you're overrated. Fighters know what's up and Penn was a bad motherfucker, simple as that.

Back