How do you do your taxes?

Last year they got me an extra $200 by claiming i donated some money to a church. Shady af but i aint complaining
21_Buttoned_Up.jpg

I'll see you during the audit.

I've used turbo tax for about the past six or seven years. But I don't have any deductions other than my student loan interest so it's easy af.

My accountant handles all that. He’s getting old tho, not sure when he’s retiring. When he does I’m going to try and use someone he recommends.

H&R Block software. Prior to that Turbo Tax. Both gets the job done and are straight forward.

do it myself. I get my W2 from my employer and think of any additional income that I earned this year. Most of my additional income comes from selling stock and gambling. I dont report unless its like over $500. I dont deduct anything because I dont think I qualify for any deductions. I usually get a refund from Arizona but usually have to pay some to the Feds after everything is turned in. What I really need to do is figure out if I do qualify for some sort of deduction but I doubt I do.

I have an accountant that is a former IRS auditor, actually he oversaw other auditors in NYC and moved his family here to the Midwest for the better environment for his children. I meet with him 5-8 times a year to keep estimated payments on track and have been audited once with no changes in 2001.
Previously I had a local CPA that would annually lead me into a raping.

I avoid them and just wait till they go away

I dont have an official address on file anywhere. Only a PObox for mail. So they cant find me anyways

I used to do them at a local H&R Block. After doing it with them one year I decided to sign up for their tax preparer class, I passed it and worked as a tax preparer a couple of seasons. Only stopped working with them because my day job kept me really busy. Been doing my taxes online with TurboTax for the past 5 years. It’s a lot easier than it seems at first.

do it myself. I get my W2 from my employer and think of any additional income that I earned this year. Most of my additional income comes from selling stock and gambling. I dont report unless its like over $500. I dont deduct anything because I dont think I qualify for any deductions. I usually get a refund from Arizona but usually have to pay some to the Feds after everything is turned in. What I really need to do is figure out if I do qualify for some sort of deduction but I doubt I do.
U seriously report gambling winning on ur own?

I go to a local H&R Block but maybe i should use Turbo Tax? I get charges $100 from H&R.
nice try Mr IRS.

you arent getting me to admit i dont pay taxes!

H&R Block software. Prior to that Turbo Tax. Both gets the job done and are straight forward.
Same here. There's nothing complicated about my return, and I like the turn around time from using hrblock's website.

With great reluctance and reckless abandon.

Then i hand the mess over to my accountant and try to forget it all.

CPA. My wife's mom works for a CPA, and they file the shit. The problem with going to an H&R Block or some shit, is if you file with them and you get audited, you're on your own.

I run my own company, one of my employee does the day to day finances, but we have an accounting firm that does the more technical financial stuff such as corporate taxes. So I have them do my personal taxes as well.

Yeah it works for us as well. Our rental adds more work, but it’s not that complicated. Even when I did freelancing photography on the side it wasn’t too hard. The part that takes the most work is tracking everything, but come tax time it makes it so much easier.

Back