How do you do your mash potatoes?

Butter and a little whole milk usually. If I have sour cream or crumbly cheese laying around I'll fold that in as well, throw a pat of butter and salt and pepper on top for presentation, season to taste.

Heavy cream or half and half, a lot of butter, a lot of caramelized garlic, a good amount of minced raw garlic.

Red potatoes. Skin on. Milk. Touch of butter. Sour cream. Garlic salt.
It ain't fancy, but it never gets old either.

I'm at work but you motherfuckers better get ready to get one-upped.

If you want mashed potatoes, why not just use these?

k2-_f11ecb5a-78f3-4935-a3b4-bfed56eabc8e.v1.jpg

They make several flavors too. They keep much longer than unprepared potatoes and are quicker to fix. Instant mashed potatoes have been around since 1960.

The only reason to have whole potatoes is for baked potatoes.

People are probably gonna poo poo on this, but those are actually pretty good.

I've made mashed potatoes plenty of times and they don't always seem to come out all that great. And I'm a pretty good cook. Basically, unless you put a lot of butter and milk/cream they're gonna be bland. But the boxed potatoes don't really need a lot, IMO.

Also, for anyone wondering how to get your potatoes as whipped as that shitty instant stuff only Boise dimes make, just use an electric whisk. Pretty simple.

Read the nutritional information on that box.

You'd be better off eating the box.

Also this lol. Ralph tryna give everyone shitty recipes AND cancer. Da fuq man?

If you want mashed potatoes, why not just use these?

k2-_f11ecb5a-78f3-4935-a3b4-bfed56eabc8e.v1.jpg

They make several flavors too. They keep much longer than unprepared potatoes and are quicker to fix. Instant mashed potatoes have been around since 1960.

The only reason to have whole potatoes is for baked potatoes.

I prefer the taste of making mashed potatoes from whole potatoes over a box/package but to each his own.

I've made mashed potatoes plenty of times and they don't always seem to come out all that great. And I'm a pretty good cook.

Um, I'm guessing you're not a pretty good cook if you struggle with boiling potatoes, mashing them and adding a few other things of your choice.

Do you find boiling hotdogs hard too?

Um, I'm guessing you're not a pretty good cook if you struggle with boiling potatoes, mashing them and adding a few other things of your choice.

Do you find boiling hotdogs hard too?

LOL

Actually, I don't boil my potatoes. I usually bake them in the microwave and rice them. Then, you don't need to peel them.

I know HOW to make them. But like I said, unless you add a lot of butter and cream/whole milk, then end up bland. Since we drink skim milk, we don't have whole milk around, and I don't buy it just for making mashed potatoes. So we usually just use what we have on hand (skim milk) and they come out fine, but not great.

But personally, the boxed potatoes taste pretty good to me.

I throw some garlic in boiling water and cook them with the taters. Then mash em all up together. I just put some butter, salt and pepper. Sometimes I'll throw some plain yogurt in it as well. Adds a nice creamy tang to it.

I'll fry up some pancetta, then take the grease and coat some rosemary and garlic then roast those.

In a pan bring heavy whipping cream to boil with whatever cheeses you want, rosemary, and roasted garlic to cream. Reduce to Alfredo consistency.

I always use reds, the texture of the skin and the inside of the potato is perfect for mashing (and roasting mah gawd)

Mash with heavy whipping cream, plenty of butter, cracked black pepper, add the pancetta during mashing. You want a grainy salt, kosher at the least. Himalayan pink salt is perfect.

Take the reserve rosemary, cheese Alfredo (cahills Irish porter cheese is beautiful for this) and use it as a sauce.

Garnish with fried rosemary sprig.

Choose any high starch potato (idaho)
Initial cut in half with potato on narrow edge, this will offer you a solid platform to cut all potatoes into equal pieces to ensure even cooking. Second cut through middle then in sections crossways.
Bring pot of salted water to boil, add potatoes and lid to reduce cooking time.
Potatoes are cooked when you can ease a fork into one.
Drain water from pot. Put pot back on low heat adding olive oil, cream, butter and seasoning to taste (may include nutmeg).
Stir vigorously and consistently so potatoes don't burn, this will remove excess moisture.
Remove potato from heat and pass through mouli or ricer.

I'll fry up some pancetta, then take the grease and coat some rosemary and garlic then roast those.

In a pan bring heavy whipping cream to boil with whatever cheeses you want, rosemary, and roasted garlic to cream. Reduce to Alfredo consistency.

I always use reds, the texture of the skin and the inside of the potato is perfect for mashing (and roasting mah gawd)

Mash with heavy whipping cream, plenty of butter, cracked black pepper, add the pancetta during mashing. You want a grainy salt, kosher at the least. Himalayan pink salt is perfect.

Take the reserve rosemary, cheese Alfredo (cahills Irish porter cheese is beautiful for this) and use it as a sauce.

Garnish with fried rosemary sprig.

Yup. Although I am not as specific as you (Himalayan Salt? Pancetta?), this is basically how I make them. Skins on with roasted garlic, diced up bacon, butter, cream or half/half, S&P, and a tangy cheese folded in. Roasted red potatoes with rosemary and olive oil are a staple in my house and my default side dish when I have to cook for people.

Depends, I like Yukon Golds or a perfect russet. I leave a little skin on, not much. Mash by hand, salt, pepper, pinch of garlic, pinch of oregano, sour cream, milk, butter. Finish with a whisk.

Fuck gravy. Straight up meat drippingz only. Im talking beef fat from my Cast Iron Skillet or that yummy schmaltz from vaked baked chicken.

Or if I am just having them for the fuck of it an not a side to a meal, Steak Sauce drizzled lightly over the top.

Fuck yea. Ultimate comfort food.

Back