How do you do your mash potatoes?

I

Ice Cube

What I usually do while mashing is, add a bit of milk and a table spoon of butter...Followed by a bit of salt and pepper, then mash a bit more..then add some mustard..and mash that in with the potatoes.

Handsome.

How do you do yours? I wouldn't mind trying some other ways for different flavours.

I use butter/margarine, salt & pepper and either chopped spring onions or chives.

Butter, salt & pepper, sour cream, chives, little bit of warm milk

butter and milk plus seasoning (garlic, salt, pepper)

then passed thru a fine sieve

With my elbow

9ug0GX.gif

Last edited:
If you want mashed potatoes, why not just use these?

k2-_f11ecb5a-78f3-4935-a3b4-bfed56eabc8e.v1.jpg

They make several flavors too. They keep much longer than unprepared potatoes and are quicker to fix. Instant mashed potatoes have been around since 1960.

The only reason to have whole potatoes is for baked potatoes.

If you want mashed potatoes, why not just use these?

k2-_f11ecb5a-78f3-4935-a3b4-bfed56eabc8e.v1.jpg

They make several flavors too. They keep much longer than unprepared potatoes and are quicker to fix. Instant mashed potatoes have been around since 1960.

The only reason to have whole potatoes is for baked potatoes.

Some people know how to cook.

Some people know how to cook.

Apparently not if they waste their time peeling, boiling and mashing potatoes that they paid more for than the instant potatoes that are prepared right out of the field. It's Like butchering your own animals.

Try a touch of pureed garlic. Adds a wonderful aroma.

with the garlic and skins in them and with some Brown Gravy.

Butter, salt & pepper, sour cream, chives, little bit of warm milk

This right here, plus I leave had the skin on the potatoes and add bits of bacon and also some cheese. It's basically a mashed baked potato. Also I like my mashed potatoes kinda clumpy, not all creamy and runny. Anybody with me?

Apparently not if they waste their time peeling, boiling and mashing potatoes that they paid more for than the instant potatoes that are prepared right out of the field. It's Like butchering your own animals.

Peeling? Lol.

with the garlic and skins in them and with some Brown Gravy.

This man gets it.

This right here, plus I leave had the skin on the potatoes and add bits of bacon and also some cheese. It's basically a mashed baked potato. Also I like my mashed potatoes kinda clumpy, not all creamy and runny. Anybody with me?

Ya, I don't like mine super pureed either... Chucks of potato is all good with me

Salt, pepper, unsweetened hemp or almond milk, olive oil, garlic (usually powder but I'm sure actual garlic would be good).

Edit for specifics: I don't measure out any of the ingredients anymore, as I know approximately how much I need of what from experience*. I use yellow potatoes and leave the skins on.

*Unless I'm making them for several people, then I'll be precise.

Last edited:
Skins in, added fried onions and bacon; remove as much of the fat as possible before adding. Mash with 15% cream and add a lot of butter. Just a touch of salt, liberal pepper.

Heart attack on a plate but it usually comes down to a knife fight for the last servings.

Read the nutritional information on that box.

You'd be better off eating the box.

Boil, drain in colander, reintroduce to pot. Add butter and cream. Mash with masher. Add grated cheese and seasonings. Mash with masher again. Whisk with sieve and add a little more cream if necessary.

Back