how do you de-stress/cool down during or after work?

lion paw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I got into a verbal tussle with my supervisor the other day. Apparently he got pissed off and sent me home. Next morning had a talk with the lead manager/supervisor. Explained my case, but nothing happened. Luckily I got off with a warning.
I'm trying my best to keep my professionalism. But this a-hole is going to push me further. Any thoughts on how to be cool and push through? I can assume some of ya'll have been in this type of situation. It's getting to that time where I say "f..k you" and take a temp job until something comes up.

Spar/lift weights

How much does this job mean to you? Considering all aspects of your life and direction or plans for the future.

lifting weights is my answer for any stress life throws me. sports too. sometimes talking to family helps me sort things out and remember where I came from and where I'm going.

More information required.

What did you do?

Just depends. If you work at Wal-Mart, as a cashier, you could probably go ahead and beat your supervisor's ass. You get fired, so what. Find another shitty job.

If you are working at your career job, then you need to forget about it and concentrate on your work. If you feel your supervisor is treating you unjustly, talk to HR. If you don't have an HR, talk to your supervisor's boss, owner, lawyer, etc.

+1 for lifting

+2 for martial arts (Not because it lets me release anger, it doesn't, but I'm able to focus on the moment and not think of anything else going on in my life at that moment.)

Martial Arts are like a mini vacation from life for me.

1) get some tools to deal with stress while in the middle of it
2) exercise after work... something that gets you to process while burning energy

I work a night job after my day one packing shelves in a grocery store. The guys there all work like madmen and it's pretty competitive, plus since it's purely physical laced with witty banter I can really switch off.

So that, or furious masturbation. That's good too.

During a rousing situation I meditate and try to look at the larger picture.
In the larger picture, whatever issue is irritating me, it's really not important.
If its not important, there's no reason for you to be upset. Certainly no reason to yell or cruse.
But I'm a pacifist, and I don't think most day to day problems are wroth fussing over.
I think it's a good mindset to have.

Working out is the best to get rid of the stress, at least for a time, whether it's lifting or hard cardio. Hot shower after the gym is awesome too, and I get a lot of relaxation out of shaving as well. Traditional wetshaving that is.

Shouldn't stay in a stressful situation like that, unless it's a matter of survival. Stress will kill you faster than almost anything.

Back