How do you choose your "Fighters"

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
We all have our favorites.

For me its Anderson, Rumble, Rick Franklin, Wonderboy, Aldo, Moose, Lawler, and so on.

Becoming a fan of someone generally takes more than in octagon performance. It goes beyond the mat and into the person behind it all.

I have also found that those who beat my favorites gain my respect and I have more often than not become a fan of them as well. As long as they are humble about winning.

Except Rumble. I dont care for some of the shit hes done however hes a fucking beast.

So how do you choose your favorites? If they get brutally beat do you become a fan of the the man who beat your favorite as well? Keep in mind all the while still <StillMyBoy>for your favorite?

Exciting fighters with personalities I can get behind

Not big on the dudes who try too hard to act tough

I'm not even sure. Guess it depends on what they're like inside and outside of the cage.

Some of my favorite fighters are polar opposites

I like Tyson Fury & Conor McGregor but also like Stipe Miocic and Jose Aldo. So I'm not even sure. I think it might just be the epic moments of their careers that really get me hooked into becoming a true fan. Fury beating Wlad as a heavy underdog, Conor beating Chad with a bum knee, Stipe Miocic overcoming the storm of Francis Ngannou, and Jose Aldo coming back after the Conor loss to beat Frankie

I have two main criteria for choosing my fighters...
One, By How hard they bang
And two, How big their girls ass is

<Gordonhat>

Creativeness, gameness, and skillset. If you're a great kicker you're halfway in the door with me.

The more hate they get the more love they get from me and they need to keep winning, Kamaru Usman, JBJ, Cejudo are strong on my list

I actually become fans of alot of guys through the "road to the octagon" series. With Jack Hermansson, I became a fan through his toughness in the Thiago something fight. Sometimes they just seem like nice guys. Idk why I am a fan of Rockhold though

I like slick jiu jitsu or boxing. I dont really understand wrestling enough to understand whos elite and whos not. Became a Rockhold fan after the Boestch fight. Became a Ngannou fan after the Overeem fight.

I will say i like Askren even more after the way hes handled the ko so i guess it can be a lot of things.

I always root for what I believe is best for the sport. However, arrogance and cockiness leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I tend to root against the bully, unless the bully has a certain charm like McGregor.

Well, generally I see them when they're coming up, see their potential, and then ride them to the top. Did it with Cain, Weidman, Max, Cejudo, Aldo, Tony, and a few others. Sometimes I miss like I guess I did with Maia, but he's still an excellent fighter.

My top prospect for tomorrows champions is currently McKee in Bellator.

When I first got into the sport, I was a fan of big name finishers, so I went with Fedor, Penn, and Shogun.

I'm not even sure. Guess it depends on what they're like inside and outside of the cage.

Some of my favorite fighters are polar opposites

I like Tyson Fury & Conor McGregor but also like Stipe Miocic and Jose Aldo. So I'm not even sure. I think it might just be the epic moments of their careers that really get me hooked into becoming a true fan. Fury beating Wlad as a heavy underdog, Conor beating Chad with a bum knee, Stipe Miocic overcoming the storm of Francis Ngannou, and Jose Aldo coming back after the Conor loss to beat Frankie
Well said. I think that is a huge component for me. Those epic moments where you just know you witnessed next level shit.

Perfect

Back